“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of La Pace - CLOSED

La Pace
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Staten Island
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We almost didn't come here after reading the roller coaster reviews on this and other review sites. However, we did come and for the most part it was a good experience. The food was fresh and nicely prepared, service was excellent. The only con would be the wait time between courses. We're glad we made trip.

Visited April 2013

Huntington, New York
“SOME THINGS CHANGE FOR THE WORSE”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Years ago when Angelo owned LaPace this was my favorite restaurant on Long Island. We went to the restaurant a few months after Michael bought it. We found the food ok but the service was nothing like it used to be; it was non existant. You had to ask over and over again for someone to take a drink order, for menues, for water, etc. A few months ago we decided to try it again. Nothing changed. Last night we decided to give it one more try. Things did change, for the worse. It was Saturday night and the restaurant was only 75% full. There was plenty of staff walking around and thats about it, walking around. Three times I had to ask if someone could take a drink order. After being seated for 20 minutes I finally got my glass of wine. Then I had to ask for menues. Finally got them after being seated for 30 minutes. In other words: the service was terrible. Chef Michael might be good in the kitchen but he has no clue on how to run the dining room. If only we could bring Angelo back. There are many restaurants in the area that have better food and service at less cost. Don't waste your time and money here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bendover10
Roslyn, NY
“It was a great memorable meal....deliziosa”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although I ate here over a year ago, I want to justify the past reviews. This meal was one of the best meals I have ever had. I remember I ordered the salmon cooked to perfection with these great sliced roasted flavored potatoes on the side. My husband had a veal dish which was the best ever. We were a table of 8 and everyone said it was one of their finest meals. The chef came out and spoke to us and even invited us to his kitchen for a tour and a hands on cooking demonstration one day. Maybe Chef Michele wasnt there that night of bad reviews but this place is excellent, classy but yes a bit pricey. We all have no idea what they are talking about.

• Visited October 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Not good at all”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our small community group decided to eat here. Parking is limited.

The calamari appetizer was tasty. The fish had been frozen and came out tepid. the mashed potatoes were @room temp. Everyone at our table was disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
Merrick, New York
“Not the same anymore.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have eaten here in the past and have very much enjoyed the food here. I convinced a bunch of people to come here to eat dinner and boy did I make a mistake. They barely had any selection of beer at the bar, wine was not good either. The fish my wife ate, she said was the worst piece of salmon she had ever eaten! My seafood special was less than average with it being a bit fishy tasting. I feel bad recommending coming here to my friends. Overall this place is way past its prime. Zagat gives the food a 25, that's very high but how many years ago was that! Closer to 25 out of 100. Sorry but this was my last time, I will not be back. Chef Michael is very nice but the food is just not acceptable. With tip for 6 people was $400!