“Sumtuous Italian Cuisine”

Got a photo?
Add it.
La Ginestra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Ginestra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Glen Cove
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Every time I visit La Ginestra I find something interesting and delicious on the menu. I've never been disappointed with their cuisine. I was disappointed with the noise level during my recent visit. I don't remember the dining room being that noisy during previous visits, but it just seemed like everyone was screaming at each other around us this time. Perhaps it had something to do with their recent renovations - sound bouncing off places that were previously wall papered or absorbing? We found it quite distracting to our meal. I'd love to return for more fabulous fare, perhaps we'll try to hit a less-busy evening during the week?

1  Thank Gaggy1

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Service started off good but dropped of as the evening progressed. The calamari/shrimp appetizer was very good. I ordered the halibut filet. It didn't look like any halibut I've ever seen. Halibut is thick and meaty. Thus was from a very small unfamilar looking fish. Was overcooked and tasteless. The noise level was unbearable! Very pricey. Will not return.

3  Thank rontram
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Favorite Italian restaurant on Long Island. Great service, attention to detail &, of corse great food! Highly recommend!

3  Thank RobbyleeD
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband is from the area and when I first started spending time on Long Island, he took me there. I was instantly in love. The food is AMAZING! The service is fantastic! Definitely made to order and delicious every single time. This is the place to go if you want to treat yourself. You will need a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night, unless you are a regular.

2  Thank bluedogNebraska
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This Italian restaurant is always worth the wait. If you decide to go on a weekend evening, you may have to wait if you do not reserve ahead of time. Salads, appetizers, and the main course are always fresh and delicious. As we do not eat meat, we have only tried the pasta and fish entrees which are highly recommended.
Extensive list of wine, beer and drinks. Enjoy and do make a reservation for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evenings.

1  Thank idolette