“Beautilful grounds in a great location”

Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Cove
Reviewed June 23, 2007

Beautiful grounds in a generally gorgeous area on the north shore of L.I. The mansion is given over to conference and meeting rooms, so the hotel is in a series of sprawling single-story buildings behind it. Rooms were decently furnished and clean. The staff was gracious and helpful. A few complaints - the weekend we were there they only had decaf coffee for the rooms. The sprawling nature of the hotel part leads to confusion trying to find things like the few ice machines (a map in the room would have been helpful). The pub doesn't open until late afternoon. But, on the whole, a pretty neat place to stay. (We were here for a wedding.) If you have the time, I suggest a side trip to the Nassau County Art Museum - located in another mansion a few miles away. A bargain for $7 and the trip to the miniatures museum is worth the trip alone, just to see the 29-room, 5-story "dollhouse". Even if you don't care for dollhouses this will amaze you.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaGuy2
There are newer reviews for Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center

Reviewed May 19, 2007

Sometimes I wonder who writes the reviews on Trip Advisor. I don't know how anyone can give this place 5 stars. Yes the grounds and outside of the building are beautiful and well maintained, but the rooms look like they haven't been refurbished since the 1970's. When we rolled back our bedspread for the night (there is no turndown), we were shocked at the condition of the blankets. They were the most pilled things we had ever seen. The staff was friendly enough but we were given wrong directions twice and there was no bellman to be found when we arrived. The breakfast buffet (not included) was extremely mediocre. I am a frequent traveller and know that at $240 a night this place was a total ripoff.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Funtravel25
Reviewed March 28, 2007

We recently visited New York and stayed in a beautiful hotel called Glen Cove Mansion. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a helpful and friendly staff. The hotel is manicured to perfection. They have beautiful landscape with large trees wonderful for photos. One could easily get lost in the scenery. Our room was spacious and clean. We had a great visit and deinitely advise one to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ajanssen
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I spent two weeks at this hotel during a business trip to the area. I found the atmosphere great and the rooms comfortable. The bed was firmer than I like it but that is a personal preference. My room was cleaned daily and restocked with coffee. The food was great. I met the rest of my party every morning for breakfast and found the buffet well stocked and the made to order omlets to die for. My coffee cup was always refilled by the attentive staff.
Speaking of the staff, they were always saying hello and ready to serve. The front desk was helpful with any question I might have. Tony in the pool area had to be one of the best though. He was always there to help and even to chat with when I was bored and wondering the halls. If only every pool man was as helpful as he is. Speaking of, the pool area was always clean and inviting. The mens steam room was down for the full two weeks when I was there but I was told this had nothing to do with the hotel itself.
There were some things that were in need of attention. The hotel itself is showing some age and some parts need some work. But none of this takes away from the comfort the hotel itself.
Overall it is a comfortable and a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank bish6
Reviewed November 9, 2006

I had the pleasure of staying here a few weeks ago for a wedding. The grounds were excellent...very well taken care of. The staff were friendly and helpful from the time we checked in to check out.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank nyli5628
Reviewed November 8, 2006

This location was a great place to stay, especially in comparison to ordinary hotels that would have cost just as much to stay in. Visiting New York can often times be an expensive task, boy was I glad that a friend had recommended Glen Cove Mansion. No offense but it cost as much as any other ordinary Hotel would have especially in New York (i live in ohio hotels are $39.95 per night) . Not to mention it is truly a Mansion. The grounds at the location were beautiful, and it wasn't overcrowded. Plenty of space for everyone and plenty of things to do onsite.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe R
Reviewed November 8, 2006

What a great place to stay. My family and I stayed at Glen Cove Mansion during the week of July 18, 2006. Wow ! Wow ! Wow ! That was our first respond when we turned on to the grounds of the Mansion. The ground are simply just lovely. We couldnt wait to take a walk through the gardens. When we enter the lobby it was warm and very inviting. We felt like we where visiting a member of the family. It did not feel like we where entering a cold hotel lobby. Now for the best part, the staff, they are the best. There were six of us and we needed three rooms. Each one of us was in need of the little extras and the staff accomadated our needs. One member neede extra pillows, another needed direction to New York City, someone else needed to use the computer, another needed to workout but didnt bring clothes; the staff was just amazing very polite and so helpful. Walking from the lobby to our rooms we got a chance to see how beautiful the Mansion was, it took our breath away. My only regret is I didn't pay more attention to the name badges of the staff members because I would like to mention all of them by name. However there is one I will never forget her name is Tasha. Somehow I got lost in the Mansion she not only told me how to get from my room to the lobby she took me. As we walked to the lobby she pointed out different areas so from that point on I would know where to locate the different things in the Mansion. As we walked she also gave me a history lesson about the Mansion. It is one thing to beable to do your job, but it is another to be able to do it so well.
The room are spacious and so relaxing. I know when every we come back to New York there is only one place to stay and that is the Glen Cove Mansion. It is a vacation inside of a vacation.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Huntington
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center? Share your experiences!