“A very nice hotel -- if you want a hotel in Glen Cove, Long Island”

Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Cove
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stayed at the Glen Cove Mansion for a 2-day conference. The hotel facilities were well arranged for our meetings of approximately 40 people. The guest rooms were perfectly adequate, but not charming or luxurious; daily room charges were reasonable (for a location in the NYC metropolitan area). I did not use any of the recreation facilities.

My major complaint is something the hotel can't change -- location. Cab or car rides to LaGuardia Airport took between 45 minutes and slightly over and hour, and the cost varied from about $75 to over $100 (with tip). So I would only recommend this hotel if you specifically want to be in or near Glen Cove, Long Island. Otherwise, I would look into other venues that are more convenient to Manhattan.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BethesdaTraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Really enjoyed taking advantage of all the amenities. Indoor pool, racquetball, fitness center, and pub. Everything was clean and the service was great! Would come back again for business or leisure.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I had the delightful opportunity to stay at the Glen Cove Mansion a few weeks ago. It was a great experience with surprisingly a lot to do. If you have the chance I would absolutely recommend staying here.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed one night at the Glen Cove Mansion. It was more expensive than we would have preferred, but our room & the facility were lovely. The room is well equipped - safe, internet, ironing board. The staff were friendly & helpful. The buffet breakfast was excellent - good selection. The only downside was hearing the kids running up & down the hall.

Reviewed December 27, 2009

We stayed overnight on a Christmas trip. It was barely acceptable for one night; I would not have wanted to stay longer. The Mansion, itself, is very beautiful. The rooms - not so much. As others have pointed out, the rooms are not in the Mansion. Rather, they are a brief walk away out in back and, surprisingly, no better than a cheap Travelodge room. Our room had a gross smell upon entry which was coming from the bathroom. The bathroom walls are moldy and literally rotting and peeling from moisture that has no where to go due to lack of venting. It was not very clean either. (I just hate finding hair.) The rooms are very dated. The carpet is worn and stained. The door rattles. The amenities are sparse and you get exactly 2 towels. Others in the hallway sound like they could be in your room. The beds are very, very comfy, however, and the linens were clean and crisp. The front desk clerk was also very nice. That was a definite plus. I would pay about $100 to stay here for a night if I had nowhere else to go and needed a room. Otherwise, just no.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

From the drive up to the front door we encountered problems. They had a sign for valet parking so we pulled up and the attendant came over to give us a ticket. When he realized that we were checking in he said "sorry, the valet parking is only for the party". So we had to carry our own bags and park the car ourselves. When we checked in we were given a map to our room, it was not even in the mansion. Actually none of the sleeping rooms are. It was such a hike to even get to the room...I would say a good 1/4 mile. Elevators are almost non-existent. We decided to have lunch at the pub which is actually in the mansion. Again no elevators. The pub is on the 3rd floor in the attic. The A/C in the pub was not working and it was extremely hot. It took 45 minutes to get a burger. I was staying for a family wedding and in between the festivities the group would meet at the pub. I have asthma and could not take another climb up the stairs so I felt that I missed out on quality social time with the family.

The rooms were decent but as I said they were not in the mansion but in extensions that were added on. So basically it was like staying at a Holiday Inn...but at least they have elevators.

For the price of this hotel I expected so much more.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2009

The food, the meeting room, the staff, the room -- perfect.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Knickerbocker Yacht Hotel
Knickerbocker Yacht Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Washington
OHEKA CASTLE Hotel & Estate

Been to Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center? Share your experiences!