“Yester Year Charm”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Cove
akron, ohio
“Yester Year Charm”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Glen Cove Mansion during a business conference in late February. I found the Mansion to be a throw back to yester year. The Mansion still had the feel of a 30's era mansion. The rooms were updated & modern. The bedroom was clean & had all modern conveniences. The food in the Mansion was quite filling & surprisingly well seasoned for the buffet style banquets. There is an upstair jazz lounge that was very lively every night. The grounds were pristine & the overall ambaince of the resort offered a quiet diversion froma stay in the city. The only draw back is this location is a good half hour by bus from NYC, a long expensive cab ride if you are headed into the city. This place was a great choice for a business meeting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at Glen Cove during a work meeting that was held there for several days. It was a lovely place to stay: my room was clean and implemented to a high spec, the food at the hotel was delish but most importantly the location is fantastic. The hotel is located in a green and picturesque area near New York which had a nice calming effect on me (which was perhaps not so good for work, but it was good for me personally:) I would stay there with my family for get away in summer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Southern California
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed for two nights for a business conference. The room I had was was in a second building that our group referred to as the servant's quarters. The room I had was a reasonably large with a nice bathroom. The decor was done in dark earth tones that harkened back to the seventies. Lighting was inadequete and there weren't enough places to plug in my computer, cell phone ect which seems disappointing for a place that bills itself as a business center. The carpet in the hall was noticably stained, and one of my coworkers reported water was seeping into his room. There is a pub and restaurant upstairs in the mansion with some well worn ammenities. Food was so so with a limited menu. This hotel aims at corporate traveller and conferences and seems to have reasonable facilities. But it's not a place I'd recommend if you really want to impress your team. A major renovation is overdue here. For tourists, the grounds are nice, but I can't see any reason why anybody would seek this place out unless they needed to stay in Glen Cove. On a positive note, the staff is friendly and service is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main mansion are probably nicer
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was for three nights in mid February. The old mansion is quite charming and has some lovely meeting/party rooms. The pub on the third floor has live Friday night jazz and a nice menu. The grounds are lovely and although the guest rooms are spread out in additions to the manor house there are some fun features. In particular, there is a common lobby overlooking the indoor pool area (which is quite nice and very clean) that has a pool table, tv and plenty of seating for just relaxing. There Is also ping pong, a squash court and a nice work out room. As it was cold, we did not jog or hike the trails or use the tennis court but I could see an extended family having a great time here. My chief complaint was the inattentiveness at the front door when we arrived and the lack of valet service. Our room was clean and the beds were comfy.
Overall, we enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2013
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very nice estate and very helpful staff. I was travelling with my electric car and asked for a charging outlet in advance. They managed to install one right in front of the building before I arrived and all were very supportive. The estate is gorgeous and you are in the middle of a huge park. Rooms are spacious and it is very quiet.
I can recommend this hotel and its staff strongly and will stay there again, when visiting Long Island next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for a weekend getaway and I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept the mansion was. The rooms were nice and indoor pool is very relaxing. The food at the pub in the hotel however was absolutely horrible. My boyfriend the strip steak medium rare and it came well done and smothered in some type of gravy. My salmon was severely over cooked and had tons of mustard seasoning slathered over the top which was gross. The side of spinach was so salty I couldn't even eat it without getting sores in my mouth. The waitress didn't even acknowledge that our plates were practically untouched when she took them and we paid eighty dollars for the ,real on top of everything. I don't understand how such a nice place could continue to stay open when the food is this bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrick, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been going to the GC mansion for over 7 years to celebrate with friends and family . Before that my family and I celebrated my Wife's birthday each year . It is an old mansion and has some wear and tear but that is the beauty of it , it has personality. The staff is always attentive and go out of their way to take care of you . They are interested in the person and not the bottom line dollar like most places. The catering Sales Manager, Dina Semprini and her staff bend over backwards to accomadate you . They have become a part of my family. I really feel that they are looking forward to our stay . Each and every year they are professional and efficient. I will go there as long as they have us . Truly a perfect place to spend a weelkend away from reality and get away and relax.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 3 in Huntington
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center? Share your experiences!