“Top quality ingredients well prepared”
Review of Cedar Creek

Cedar Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Glen Cove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th street
Description: Welcome to Cedar Creek American Bar & Grill where simplicity is refined. Cedar Creek is a chef inspired American bistro fueled by the culinary team of Chef David Dunn. Chef Dunn’s team will be serving up culinary delights that will appeal to a wide array of palates; from Carolina BBQ pulled pork sliders to Colorado lamb burger, from "Angry Mussels" to crispy blue fin tuna. Cedar Creek is located at 75 cedar swamp road in beautiful Glen Cove New York on the border of Glen Head. The décor is simply contemporary with warmth that is accented by beautiful walnut and cream tones. The restaurant has several different areas that add intimacy to the ambiance; including a beautiful outdoor patio for the warmer months. Join us for dinner seven nights a week or simply join us for a cocktail, glass of wine, or one of our thirty bottles of beer at the bar.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have lunch here every few months. Our favorites are the fish and chips, probably the best batter fried fish you will ever have. The beer batter is crisp and the fish is very fresh and moist - no prefab fried from frozen here! And it's a good sized portion.

The other sure winner is the burger. Thick and juicy, beefy flavor, done exactly as requested (although rare is not bloody), tastes like high end steak, and high quality toppings. Originally they included 2 toppings, then started a lower price and all toppings extra, now one price and unlmited toppings (within reason - I stick to 3). The cheeses are first quality, the bacon is thick and crisp and applewood smokey tasting, and the jalapinos are grilled fresh. Used to come with very well made fries, now comes with fresh-made kettle chips that are even better.

The onion rings are wonderful (I think it's the same beer batter as the fish). The chicken pot pie is made with all fresh ingredients. They used to make a killer lamb burger with feta topping, but it has been lost from the menu for a while. If we all ask for it, it might come back!

The decor is dark wood, mirrors, and a sort of sports bar with TV's at one end. Valet parking when you need it. A few outside tables, on the busy street however. Service is friendly/professional. With everything made to order, bring a little patience and you will be rewarded.

1  Thank TheRealDoctorLew

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me, my husband and daughter ate here for dinner last night as a belated Father's Day. I found the place through Open Table and read up on reviews and was impressed. The place is very nice and the food delicious and all reasonable priced. They have a big wine and beer list and we found the waitstaff to be really knowledgeable and friendly. Being that our daughter is 2 1/2, they were very accomodating in sitting us in a corner booth and kept checking to see if we needed anything for her even giving her 3 different juices to try. We got the chop-chop salad to share and it was one of the best salads we've had. My husband got the branzino and I got the salmon and both were excellently prepared and nothing was left on our plate.

I would highly recommend this place for a romantic night out or even for families.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had a graduation party for my son at Cedar Creek for 40 friends and family members.
Food , staff and atmosphere were amazing .
I cant wait to have another party at cedar creek .

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Reading a menu thoroughly is not something we do often enough, but sometimes even reading it carefully is not enough.. Too often restaurants include ingredients not listed on the menu.This was my unfortunate experience here. I am highly allergenic to shell fish and a grilled fish dish I ordered came with shellfish.I did not realize it till I started eating.
This has made me all the more aware of telling my server that I have a shellfish allergy, and to let the kitchen know. Hope this is a wake up call for all with food allergies or even just food dislikes.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

It's a challenge dining out when you have to be gluten free. The chef and staff here were educated and willing to accommodate. There is a gluten free menu. I had pan seared scallops with spinach. Wonderful presentation and delicious. My husband had the short ribs which he said were great. Our friend had a salad with skirt steak which she loved. We learned that the skirt steak is their #1 seller. It would be great if they had some gluten free bread in the future to accompany the gluten-free meals. So if you want some gf bread, bring your own.

1  Thank Bermuda78