“Best ice cream stand dinner ever”

Valley Harvest Ice Cream & Grill
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Germantown
New York City, New York
“Best ice cream stand dinner ever”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

After a fun day at Zoom Flume, my hosts suggested we go to Ruby Hotel in Freehold for dinner, but it was closed. My friends remembered that a friend of a friend owned and operated Valley Harvest, so we went there. I didn't know what to expect as we pulled up in the gravel parking lot, to the outdoor seating. But the lovely plants, decor, DIY ice cream cone signs, owl carved into a tree trunk and cornucopia motif made it look special and homey. I ordered the basil burger with fries and both were delicious. The burger was juicy, covered with lots of basil, tomato and onion, and it came on a fresh, soft bun. The fries were homemade -- not frozen -- and very tasty. My friends raved about their salads, and we got tempura of fresh local veggies to share, also very good. Though we were stuffed, we sat on the comfy lawn chairs till we made room for ice cream sundaes. There was an eclectic selection of Perry's Ice Cream, including Muddy Sneakers and Queen of Hearts. I got Toffee Coffee with hot fudge and whipped cream: amazing. My friend got a banana split with lots of fresh strawberries. If you want great local, fresh food, and appropriate summertime fare of salads, wraps, burgers and hot dogs, this is the most wonderful place to go. Time it with the sunset, and you have a perfect summertime dinner.

• Visited July 2014