“Honeymoon”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Southington
“Honeymoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

***the travel date is incorrect - I'm just doing this late!!****My mother gave my husband and I a trip to Geneva on the Lake when we were married in 2007. We went for a 2 night stay in June of 2008. The staff is extremely polite and courteous. The restaurant was fabulous – they did a paring of the local wines with the food we ate and everything was perfect. We stayed in a room with a living area, full kitchen, bedroom and bath. Plenty of space in the room, but it does have an old fashioned feel to it. The location is gorgeous!!! Right on the lake, plenty of places to walk around, and we just enjoyed being there as it was so out of the norm for us. I will say this, I cannot stay there again due to the expense, but when we do travel back to the area we will go back for dinner.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eleana T

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday and cannot say how much we enjoyed the visit. The room was perfect and very comfortable. The food was some of the best we have had anywhere for both breakfast and dinner. Thanksgiving dinner was done with care and presented with pride.The service was outstanding as well as the live music for the dinners. This place is not for everyone but if you want to be pampered and live a little, this is it. The manager works very hard providing this service and the attention is personal. One night at dinner, the pianist played serveral selections from the Broadway Play "Oklahoma". I don't know if the pianist always plays these songs but I am more inclined to believe the manager told him to play them knowing we were from Oklahoma. One night for dinner we had a harp player who played beautifully. The building is old and has history but that just adds to the experience. The surroundings are beautiful and well kept. This is not a place for an overnight stay but if you enjoy the finer things in life well worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here check on packages that are offered. They have better value than just the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Spud805
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

When I paid a high price of almost $400 for an overnight, the bed had to be pulled out of the wall, the food was not great, and it was in the middle of the week.When I wrote a letter of complaint, I got a quick response to call the manager. Not professional, at that price the manager should be calling me. I work too hard for my money. Very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Keith-Kathy V
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've never slept so well in my life. The room was fantastic, the food was top notch, and the service was memorable. Great place to stay if you decide to visit the Finger Lakes region of NY. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Webster, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed there mid December 2012 for two nights. The location is nice and easy to find. A beautiful setting on the lake with easy access to town as well as for enjoyable walks.
Other than that I am having a very difficult time seeing the value for the price paid. We stayed in their largest suite (2 bdr/2bath/Fireplace/Kitchen) and were completely disappointed with the room considering the price ($600+ per night).
There is absolutely no justification for this pricing. This room is outdated, dirty, horrible bed....and on and on... For $600/night in the middle of nowhere NY I expect to be completely blown away.

The people were nice.... But - buyer beware...this is not an upscale hotel...at all. This is an old, outdated, roadside inn where the highlights are all outside and those are available at no charge. Too much competition in the Finger Lakes region to consider this location. Dont say I didn't warn you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank M B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at Geneva on the lake while visiting a few of the wineries in the area. The resort and the grounds were wonderful. Historic building was full of character and charm. If your looking for a modern location to stay this is not the place for you. Very quite- no high energy bar on site but there is a elegant parlor great for a relaxing drink. There were vacancies when we arrived so we got an upgrade- room with a wood burning fire place - free of charge. It was a great atmosphere to return to following a long day of wine tasting. The last night we were there the restaurant was slow so we were offered a complimentary meal. A quiet candle lit dinner was perfect and the food was amazing. The resort and the restaurant are very pricey- so I can see how this could be a significant deterant to some and I can also see how some may feel it is to high/not worth it. And as I said- if your looking for a high energy atmosphere this is not the place for you. With that said-our trip was so perfect. We had such a memorable stay and the resort did everything in their power to ensure all our needs were met/exceeded. Everything worked out perfect for us and the relaxed vibe was just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank House412
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to the Finger Lakes to enjoy a Wedding and the Vineyards. The area is spectacular during the time we traveled the second weekend in October. We arrived after sunset to have a bit of a difficult time find the location ( tarpaving the parking lot with tape and barricades). Once you are there and get the hang of the area its very easy to find.. Despite it being a beautiful place and the staff quite accomodating... I would have to say the rooms are very overpriced, quaint but definately overpriced. We had a cold front come through and no central heating was available. We were offered a small space heater. I later came down with bronchitis that turned into pneumonia! Still ill as writing this. My daughter and I ate breakfast one morning there. Continental offered free. Not much given so she ordered Eggs Benedict. Two eggs on english muffin with a little hollindaise on a white plate for $18. We were shocked! We stayed there due to the Wedding and actually stayed an extra night so to wind down. Would we stay there again? Glad we did. But I am sure there are other places to stay

Room Tip: We chose this room because the hotel does not have an elevator and I can not do stairs. Very quiet a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family