“Fabulous for bird watching”

Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fabulous for bird watching”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Migrating Snow and Canada Geese mass on the lake! I sat at our window for hours with binoculars glued to my eyes trying to identify the smaller ducks too. Other good features of the Hotel were: Exceptionally helpful and friendly service from reception staff; lots of fruit at breakfast. Poor features were: rude and slap-dash service by restaurant breakfast staff; absence of un-sweetened bread or rolls at breakfast; no fresh milk for coffee anywhere (I bought my own for use in our room and then resorted to taking it down to breakfast). The lifts are slow but being on just 6 levels, one can walk up and down the stairs.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake (unless you object to geese cackling at dawn!)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Buckingham, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at the Ramada Lake Genva in March and this Hotel was perfect for a stopover while shopping at the outlets. It was in a great location close to restaurants and shopping. Hotel was clean, modern, quiet and food downstairs was excellent and resonably priced. We needed a cot for my son and one was brought up quickly with clean blankets and pillows. My only complaint would be the size if the swimming pool. We went with family and had 5 kids total and the pool was just big enough for everyone to stand in. No room to actualy swim. Also pool was freezing. Other then the pool great place to get some rest :) Would love to go back in the summer since it is located right on the lake :)

Also thanks to the wonderful staff at the restaurant! Waitress was amazing and breakfast was incredible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie K
RamadaLake, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your time at the outlet mall. We do have a wonderful package for Black Friday weekend if you are interested when the time gets closer please feel to contact me at 315-789-0400. We hope that you will be back to visit us again soon!

Donna Yudin
Geneva
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pretty view of the lake, the hotel was nice enough, and the restaurant was pretty good. But the staff neglected to notify us when the hotel needed to be evacuated. Apparently a pipe broke or something in the middle of the day. But the only reason we found out was because my brother ran down to the car to get something he forgot and ran into the manager on her smoke break. This was at 10:30 pm. She said something like, "Umm, hasn't anyone told you yet??" So we had to get all our stuff together and change hotels at 11 pm. And it was a five day stay, so we'd brought a lot of stuff up to the room. Apparently everyone else had been notified earlier, but they forgot us. We had no message on voicemail, and no note on the door or anything. When we had our stuff together and were leaving, the manager was "nice" enough to offer that we wouldn't be charged for that current night. Uh sorry, but we'd BETTER not be charged for the night that you evacuated us from your hotel! Definitely won't be staying here again. Thank goodness it must've been a water pipe and not something more dangerous.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Chris V
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was in the hotel for few days along a conference. It was very cold outside and warm inside. The rooms were nice and clean, the view for the lake was great and the price was fine. So in general it was good deal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DAG4
RamadaLake, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay while attending a conference at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Donna Yudin
Delevan, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The location of this hotel is enough to make it a great experience, but this was so much more. I was traveling late and was impressed that I could go no further than Geneva. The late night desk auditor was kind and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable the morning walk by the lake was fantastic, but the real experience was in the Pier house restaurant. The stay included a coupon for a breakfast entree so I decided to take advantage of it. As I walked into the restaurant I realized that I had no cash, credit card or any other means of leaving a tip on me. My waitress was Christina who helped me make sure that my order was completely covered by the coupon. She was so bright and cheerful, I felt really bad about not leaving a tip so I explained to her that I didn't have any cash on me and was not able to leave a tip for that reason,but that it in no way reflected on her service which was excellent. At this I thought she may show some disappointment, but not so She remained as cheerful if not more so and she treated me with great dignity in spit of my thoughtlessness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Had a good room, chose the city side as the price is better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort? Share your experiences!