“Poor service”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Geneva
“Poor service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pretty view of the lake, the hotel was nice enough, and the restaurant was pretty good. But the staff neglected to notify us when the hotel needed to be evacuated. Apparently a pipe broke or something in the middle of the day. But the only reason we found out was because my brother ran down to the car to get something he forgot and ran into the manager on her smoke break. This was at 10:30 pm. She said something like, "Umm, hasn't anyone told you yet??" So we had to get all our stuff together and change hotels at 11 pm. And it was a five day stay, so we'd brought a lot of stuff up to the room. Apparently everyone else had been notified earlier, but they forgot us. We had no message on voicemail, and no note on the door or anything. When we had our stuff together and were leaving, the manager was "nice" enough to offer that we wouldn't be charged for that current night. Uh sorry, but we'd BETTER not be charged for the night that you evacuated us from your hotel! Definitely won't be staying here again. Thank goodness it must've been a water pipe and not something more dangerous.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Chris V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was in the hotel for few days along a conference. It was very cold outside and warm inside. The rooms were nice and clean, the view for the lake was great and the price was fine. So in general it was good deal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DAG4
RamadaLake, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay while attending a conference at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Donna Yudin
Delevan, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The location of this hotel is enough to make it a great experience, but this was so much more. I was traveling late and was impressed that I could go no further than Geneva. The late night desk auditor was kind and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable the morning walk by the lake was fantastic, but the real experience was in the Pier house restaurant. The stay included a coupon for a breakfast entree so I decided to take advantage of it. As I walked into the restaurant I realized that I had no cash, credit card or any other means of leaving a tip on me. My waitress was Christina who helped me make sure that my order was completely covered by the coupon. She was so bright and cheerful, I felt really bad about not leaving a tip so I explained to her that I didn't have any cash on me and was not able to leave a tip for that reason,but that it in no way reflected on her service which was excellent. At this I thought she may show some disappointment, but not so She remained as cheerful if not more so and she treated me with great dignity in spit of my thoughtlessness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Had a good room, chose the city side as the price is better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Geneva
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The only words the front desk woman said to me were "the elevators are over there" and two days later at checkout, nothing....EVERY person should be greeted and acknowledged. We were offended and have never encountered a lack of hospitality in any state or brand of hotel. The housekeeping staff greeted us as well as the restaurant and bar staff. We can't say enough positive praise for the restaurant and all of its staff we encountered over 3 days. We had a reserved dinner for 18 people and they were accommodatiing and attentive. We will eat in the restaurant again, but sadly we will not stay at the hotel again simply because of the unfriendliness.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
#8 of 11 in Geneva
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort? Share your experiences!