“Overpriced for a 3.5 stars hotel!!!”

Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Ottawa, Canada
“Overpriced for a 3.5 stars hotel!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I paid $190.00 for the night with applicable taxes. The room was a king suite with lake view. Check-in process was very quick, less than two minutes. After I got my keys, I went straight to my room. However, as I was trying to open the door, both of the keys didn't work. I then had to returned to the front desk to get new keys. What a waste of time! As I mentioned earlier the room was a king suite which I reserved. It was more like a mini mini-suite. The bathroom was also small and needed some upgrade. The bed was nice and big. It was the best part of the room besides the small lake view you get. The lake view was beautiful but the windows were not wide enough to get a better view. For the price that I paid, the value was not at par. Anyway, this is just my opinion maybe I was expecting too much. The pool in this hotel is not exactly a pool. It's the size of my hot tub in my back yard. If you need to swim, you better do it in the lake. Few good things about this hotel would be the restaurant and it's staff. The food was good so was the service and not pricy at all! Good value! I had supper and breakfast in the same restaurant, the Pier house. If you are there for the shopping outlet and need a place to stay, the location of this hotel is 15 minutes drive from the outlet which is quite reasonable. However, do not paid for a king suite!!! Lastly, the front desk staff could smile a little bit more or show a little more coutersey when a guest asks a question. One of the staff in the night sniff was quite rude towards me and other guests. She wasn't helpful at all and after I walked away, I caught her talking behind my back with another staff. Anyway, staff like this one should not be working at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Worldtluxtraveller
RamadaLake, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
This is Jason Hagerman, Dir of Sales & Marketing at the Ramada Geneva Lakefront. Thank you for sharing your experience – I apologize that you did not receive the level of customer service that you should expect. We are planning a renovation of all the guest bathrooms, and the pool serves as a “cool down pool” for use after the fitness room. I’m sorry that you were not informed that our guests are allowed use of the full-size swimming pool at the nearby Hampton Inn. Thank you again for your feedback – please contact me if anything else comes to mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed for two nights for Musselman Half Ironman. Hotel has a great location right on the lake, with great views if you are lakeside. The room was clean and nicely decorated, and there was lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the view. We were able to walk to dinner, although many restaurants were closed on Sunday. Able to access running\biking trail right from hotel. We did miss having a hot tub, and that the hotel does not provide breakfast, although the prices at the restaurant were quite reasonable and the room does have a small fridge for those wishing to bring their own breakfast supplies.

Room Tip: Lakeside room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scsquare
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We just stayed one night. The hotel was very good. The staff at the reception was very friendly. The room was big and clean. We enjoyed our stay.

There are two noteworthy details that I want to point out. They are small, but sometimes it are these small things that make the difference:

Even if we ourselves are not in the situation to need it, I think it was a good thing that there was an emergency phone within the bathroom.

In the business center with free internet access there was some desinfection spray available next to the keypads.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have stayed here one weekend a year for the last four. The staff have always been excellent; obviously great leadership to inspire this kind of caring and professionalism. The place is always clean, the cool off pool and welcome feature, and the restaurants excellent quality at a good price. Our 8 year old eats free so there's a bonus too. And the location, well, can't be beat. To look out at that lake is fantastic. Love Geneva, love the Ramada.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel was good. We wanted a room on the lakeside but they said there was no one available. But... the hotel was not very crowded at all, so if this was true remains open.
The room itself was fine: nice and good bed and good facitities. It was clean and very quiet.
The hotel is directly situated on the lake Seneca and that makes it worth while.

Room Tip: rooms on the village side have are nice and sunny and very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect! It is right on the water and has walking paths along the lake, just beautiful. We were able to walk only a few blocks to great restaurants, it was actually easier that driving over. The staff and rooms were good, nothing extraordinary but we were very comfortable throughout our stay. There is a wine tour trolley that will pick you up right in front of the hotel and drop you off after touring 5 wineries, it was wonderful! If you are coming to Geneva to visit the wineries of Seneca Lake, this is your place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TwinMomma2010
Levittown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Yes, the view is very nice - the rooms are fair, although the mattress we had was way too hard and uncomfortable for both of us (and my husband usually likes firm mattresses). We did have a really good dinner in the restaurant in the hotel on the first night we were there. However, we tried the restaurant again the last night we were there, and no such luck with the food then - in fact, my husband was feeling pretty ill from his dinner that night. Also, the drinks we were served at the bar were pretty watered down; however, since they weren't too expensive we let it ride. The rest of the stay was punctuated with little disappointments and inconveniences. For one, the coffee pot in our room was missing an important piece - the tray in which you put the coffee grounds. We mentioned this to the front desk the second day of our stay - and by the time we left on the 5th day, the coffee pot still had not been fixed or replaced. Also, when housekeeping came around after the first night, they neglected to refill/replace all the soaps and things - plus they did not remove a stained towel that I had purposely left on the floor (as directed by the signage to do if you want them to remove and replace a towel) and, instead, just hung it back up, stains and all. The hotel was filled with people who were there for some kind of convention - and when they left, another conference started up the next day. I suppose this is a good way for a hotel to make money, but when you're there attempting a romantic getaway, all the corporate hubbub around you is distracting - and, more importantly, the people involved with those conferences get all of the hotel's attention and those who are not end up feeling noticeably neglected.
Finally, although I'm uncertain if the hotel has anything to do with this directly, there were signs all around the hotel about a boat tour - but there was no stand that we could find at which to buy tickets and no one around who seemed to be affiliated with said tour; we didn't even see a boat in the water that looked like it might be a tour boat for our entire stay. Since the signs are posted on the hotel's property, we'd have thought they hotel might have supplied some kind of information about it to their guests - even if just posting a notice that the tour isn't actually running, so please ignore all the other signs. But, the staff really didn't seem all that interested in being helpful in general - at least not to us, as "outsiders" from the conference group. Ah well. All in all, I think I'd find myself steering away from Ramadas in the future now, assuming other options are available.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peacnpleasur
RamadaLake, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hello, thank you for the details regarding your stay here. We have discussed these as we value your opinion and we generally take pride in the high level of service our team normally provides. For future reference should you reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you, the coffee tray is built into the coffee pouch - just open the pouch and set it in place in the coffee maker. We also provide coffee in the lobby every morning. Regarding the boat tour, we do have information at our Front Desk and our new concierge service. The boat is housed at another dock so you wouldn't necessarily see it from our property. I hope this information is helpful. Sincerely, Jason Hagerman.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort? Share your experiences!