“Overpriced and Outdated”

Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel had a total of 3 luggage carts that seemed to be over 10 years old. The elevator is terribly slow, I think I used it once. The carpet was filthy, the sheets were not even cleaned. (Apparently you have to request housekeeping to clean them, an effort of theirs in "going green".) The pool is 3 feet deep and can fit about 5 people. The windows do not have screens on them, so do not leave these open, or you will have a room full of bugs. Nice view of the lake and good location in Geneva.

Room Tip: only $10 extra to have a lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We recently stayed here 3 days for a wedding. I can say the hotel was nice however it could use some updating. Though we had made reservations in advance we ended up receiving a room with two double beds for the two of us which made sleeping difficult. With a DnD sign on the door housekeeping tried to come into our room while we were sleeping and said "oh do you want me to come back?" I was surprised they do not offer a continental bfst for the price you pay for the room? There is a resurant /bar with the hotel however they are rather pricy. We did enjoy the staff and our view of the lake was amazing. If we were back in the area again I would probably stay elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night business trip and was not expecting much more than a place to sleep before an early meeting. The hotel was not far off of I-90.

As I drove up to the hotel, I saw the lakefront park behind it and was so excited. I literally threw my bags down in my room so that I could go for a stroll before sundown. The park is lovely and there is a long pier with an ice cream stand that serves wine ice cream. Just delightful.

My room was just okay. I had a city view, and heard some noise when trains passed by, but nothing that kept me awake. The room seemed dark, even with all of the lamps on. Plenty of electrical outlets. The bathroom was a nice size. I liked the extralong soap dish becuase there was room to line up your shampoo, conditioner and other toiletries. But, the sink had these stains/scuff marks that was unappealing. Wifi was easy to use. My room had a fridge and microwave, which I'm sure comes in very handy for longer stays.

The front desk staff was nice. They had a ton of takeout menus behind the counter, which was great because I was tired and didn't feel like venturing out by myself. I had breakfast at their restaurant, the Pier House. It was so nice sitting outside by the lake with a newspaper eating breakfast. Food was okay and very reasonably priced.

Overall, I would say that this is an average hotel whose location shoots it up into the "above average" or "very good" category.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After booking our trip accommodations for an upcoming business trip I was a bit worried when I read less than favorable reviews about the Ramada Inn Geneva Lakefront. Our stay could not have been better. The rooms were great, the food was great (as we ate ALL of our meals in their restaurant) and the service was fabulous. Special 'shout out" to Domino our bartender, Melanie our waitress and Chef Don.

Room Tip: ask for a lake view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mark c
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights from April 29-May 1 for our 16 year anniversary. The hotel was a good starting point for some wineries that we went to. The hotel sits right on Seneca Lake and there is a long pier nearby that goes out into the lake. Also has a nice walking trail along the lake that goes into the nearby park. We had a lakeview room. The room was spacious and had a refrigerator and microwave. It was a good size for just the two of us. We did not use the hotel for lunch or dinner but did eat breakfast there two mornings. The food was good and hot. We had a few drinks at the bar one night which is a nice size bar. The hotel wasn't very full with it being weekdays and off season for most of the visitors to the wineries. Overall a good place to stay and would definitely return for another anniversary weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy G
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is an incredible hotel to stay in....very very clean, quiet, excellent location. But I'll divide my review in half. First the room/hotel: check in was less than pleasant - I felt like I was a chore to the person checking me in....but I was OK with that. We didn't get a king bed room.....but I would have loved 2 queens. Instead we had 2 full size beds and if anyone has ever experienced this - it's not good. We laughed for two nights wondering how our aged parents have slept in full size beds - our feet hung off of the end and while I love my husband, it was too close to sleep. They really need to update the rooms!!! The housekeeping needs to be more conscious too....Our used coffee cups were still in the room when we returned that evening. Again, no big deal to us, but if they want to add to the value - these things would help.
OK....so the best part was the restaurant. I was prepared going there and read Trip Advisor reviews of this hotel before we left and read that the restaurant is good. Well I have to say - it was awesome. So much so that we ate both nights there. The risotto is beyond wonderful...the goat cheese stuffed chicken breast - fantastic. The crab stuffed flounder - heaven. The Delmonico Steak...well lets just say that my husband never orders it because he grills it the best....but he ordered the special and drooled over it!!!! Chef Ray came to talk to us the first night....and he really takes pride in his cooking. I have dear respect for him.
If you have the pleasure of staying at this hotel, enjoy a great meal there. It's all worth the price and experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My family and I stayed here for my little sister wedding, we had a total of 4 rooms With city views, as all lake view rooms were sold out and found them all to be well maintained and clean! The staff was Friendly and helpful, especially when dealing with so many of us. Scenery was absolutely gorgeous and it was close to the Wedding venue. Restaurant food was good. My only complaints would be the indoor pool is more of a large hot tub and the wait staff at the restaurant could be more efficient. Other than that this is a great, reasonable price hotel in Geneva! We are considering going back as a base for visiting some of the Wineries the area has to offer!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort? Share your experiences!