“A nice place for a anniversary trip”

Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights from April 29-May 1 for our 16 year anniversary. The hotel was a good starting point for some wineries that we went to. The hotel sits right on Seneca Lake and there is a long pier nearby that goes out into the lake. Also has a nice walking trail along the lake that goes into the nearby park. We had a lakeview room. The room was spacious and had a refrigerator and microwave. It was a good size for just the two of us. We did not use the hotel for lunch or dinner but did eat breakfast there two mornings. The food was good and hot. We had a few drinks at the bar one night which is a nice size bar. The hotel wasn't very full with it being weekdays and off season for most of the visitors to the wineries. Overall a good place to stay and would definitely return for another anniversary weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,039)

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is an incredible hotel to stay in....very very clean, quiet, excellent location. But I'll divide my review in half. First the room/hotel: check in was less than pleasant - I felt like I was a chore to the person checking me in....but I was OK with that. We didn't get a king bed room.....but I would have loved 2 queens. Instead we had 2 full size beds and if anyone has ever experienced this - it's not good. We laughed for two nights wondering how our aged parents have slept in full size beds - our feet hung off of the end and while I love my husband, it was too close to sleep. They really need to update the rooms!!! The housekeeping needs to be more conscious too....Our used coffee cups were still in the room when we returned that evening. Again, no big deal to us, but if they want to add to the value - these things would help.
OK....so the best part was the restaurant. I was prepared going there and read Trip Advisor reviews of this hotel before we left and read that the restaurant is good. Well I have to say - it was awesome. So much so that we ate both nights there. The risotto is beyond wonderful...the goat cheese stuffed chicken breast - fantastic. The crab stuffed flounder - heaven. The Delmonico Steak...well lets just say that my husband never orders it because he grills it the best....but he ordered the special and drooled over it!!!! Chef Ray came to talk to us the first night....and he really takes pride in his cooking. I have dear respect for him.
If you have the pleasure of staying at this hotel, enjoy a great meal there. It's all worth the price and experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My family and I stayed here for my little sister wedding, we had a total of 4 rooms With city views, as all lake view rooms were sold out and found them all to be well maintained and clean! The staff was Friendly and helpful, especially when dealing with so many of us. Scenery was absolutely gorgeous and it was close to the Wedding venue. Restaurant food was good. My only complaints would be the indoor pool is more of a large hot tub and the wait staff at the restaurant could be more efficient. Other than that this is a great, reasonable price hotel in Geneva! We are considering going back as a base for visiting some of the Wineries the area has to offer!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

this was a very clean, pleasant employees, and had a beautiful view from my room of Seneca Lake. Would recommend staying there and I hope to be back soon.
ps- a plus- windows could be opened slightly- a must for me as I like fresh air not airconditioned air-

Room Tip: ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Ramada in Geneva had a New Year's Eve Special Event. It included the room, appetizers, dinner, drinks and New Year's goodies. It also included breakfast the next morning and a late checkout time. We had a lot of fun and would consider going back again.

Room Tip: We had a lake view room which was nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim D
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Excelent cost benefit, plus a very cordial staff always willing to help!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We went on a wine tour that left from this hotel. Figuring we would not be in good shape to drive home to Buffalo, we booked a room. The room was clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was good for dinner. If you need a home base for Seneca Lake wine tour, this is a good spot.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank road_trip037
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
#8 of 11 in Geneva
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort? Share your experiences!