“Good Value, Convenient Location”

Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
NY NY
“Good Value, Convenient Location”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for one night and didn't have high expectations, but were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, polite staff and decent food. The hotel is located right on Lake Seneca--although our room did not have a view, it was nice to wake up in the morning and take a walk along the path by the water. The location is also very convenient to downtown and easy to find by car even if you are unfamiliar with the city. Also just a stone's throw from Hobart WS College.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PAM_from_LINY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Tampa, FL
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Outstanding service is hard to find. When you do, it's worth writing about it. We arrived, but weren't expecting too much, as the decor is kind of 'plain jane'. The building is boxy, and we figured that due to its perfect location, right on the water, that the decor was kind of an after thought. We arrived late, and had kind of a typical check in. When we woke up, though, the pleasant surprises started, and didn't stop. The staff is really the reason why we give this place the 5 stars/Excellent rating. We encountered everyone from maintenance people & maids, to front desk & party planners in our week long visit (we had an event). Everyone was considerate, friendly, and extraordinarily accomodating. For a 3 star price, we weren't expecting 4 star service, but that is what we received. I've read some of the other reveiews, and I can only think that these people just didn't speak up. Even the smallest complaint that we, or any of our guests had, was taken care of instantly. And, honestly, we were having one of their smallest functions of the Summer. The only complaint that I could possibly log is that this place needs more than two elevators. Other than that, it's awesome. I would strongly suggest, either for an event, or just a relaxing weekend getaway, that you consider this very comfortable Ramada.

• Liked — Staff's friendliness.
  • Disliked — Elevators
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 1, 2007

This hotel is a very mediocre chain hotel on a very busy road, which has some lovely views. Bear in mind that breakfast is not included in the cost (the cheapest continental breakfast is $5). The reception staff were awful. The rooms were very clean. I had reason to complain to the manager as there was a noisy event in the next door room (why did they book a single mom with 2 toddlers into that room?) and he dealt with it very well. Pool is very cold - its a cool down pool rather than a swimming pool. Its across a busy 4-lane road from the town, so walking to the shops would not be easy with older people or children. All in all, a very uninspiring stay.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2007

It is quite a shame that a hotel with such stunning views would be so inferior. My boyfriend and I arrived around 8 pm on 8/30 (after a 6 hour drive from Ohio) to find a very lengthy check in process. It was clear from the beginning that there were going to be problems. Initially, we were to given a smoking room despite reservations indicating a desire for nonsmoking. I had the confirmation e-mail which clearly stated my preferences, however, both the desk clerk and asst mgr (?) tried to blame the obvious hotel error on my internet booking. Next, I was shown a first floor nonsmoking room despite my reservation request for a higher level floor. The room was dark and depressing and the lake view was obstructed by a very large bush. Also, outside this room was tent with multiple chairs set up for an upcoming wedding. When that clearly was not acceptable the asst mgr showed us another room while still insisting I made an error in my internet booking. This room was clearly larger and did have a small view of the lake. The other window overlooked the lovely and huge awning of the restaurant. The bathroom was large but this we later found out was due to the fact that it was accessible. As rehabilitation for more than 20 yrs I can certainly understand the need for rooms that meet the needs of individuals with disabilities, however, neither I nor my boyfriend were in need of or desired such facilities. The bathroom shower was nightmare and the first morning of my stay I stepped out of the shower to find the floor totally covered with nearly an inch of water!!!!!! While I will admit I may have not had the shower faced in the optimal direction it is clear that there were severe drainage problems. My clothing and makeup/tote bags were totally soaked and many things had to be thrown out. What was meant to be a romantic weekend was totally disrupted and disturbed!!!!! Dinner and breakfast came with our Ultimate Wine Tour package and was only ok at best and certainly were not comparable to other fine restaurants in the area. The cost was really hard to take given the accommodations and the apathetic staff. While already resolved I also noticed that my credit card was charged more than $300 over the actual cost of the package. While my guess is that it was for a room deposit it was rather large amount given that we, as well as, most guests are not likely to be partying and destroying rooms like a rock star. Shame on you Ramada Inn!

The only other positive besides the view was the wine tour which was great fun and convenient

I have not stayed in a Ramada Inn in years and given this experience will not plan to in the future. I could not recommend this hotel to my many friends who are anxious to visit the Finger Lakes.

• Liked — The view and prearranged winery tour
  • Disliked — Customer service and accomodations
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tamit3159
Leeds, UK
Reviewed September 6, 2007

So often am I disappointed with large chain hotels but not this time. We stayed here in July for a summer wedding in the local area and had a lakeside room. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and the rooms were a good size with nice bathrooms. There were a couple of minor things I would advise. If you value a pool as important thing then the one at the Ramada is very small (more a plunge pool). Also, we were on the top floor which meant we had a great view but we were under the air con ducts which were quite noisy. However, the location is perfect and the breakfasts available on the terrace by the lake are huge and good value. Don’t let the little niggles above put you off choosing this hotel.

Stayed July 2007
Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2007

My husband and I spent three nights at this lovely hotel with our small dog. The staff could not have been more friendly and accomodating. Our suite was immaculately clean and the furniture was extremely comfortable. When we noted that a lamp bulb was out it was replaced immediately. The location of this hotel is spectacular. The only downside was the quality of the food in the restaurant - it was a little disappointing and was served tepid or cold on the nights we sat outside on the beautiful patio. However, room service was prompt and excellent. We will definitely return to this lovely hotel again. They are, as advertized, extremely pet friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful vacation.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2007

This is how every hotel stay can and should be. We were able to check in early to get ready for a family wedding. The lake views in our room were stunning. Lobby staff is very helpful and friendly. Decor is very pretty. Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The windows actually open, although we kept them closed because there aren't any screens. Bed was very comfortable. The bathroom amenities were excellent. The only thing lacking was bath towels, and this was quickly fixed by responsive staff.

We would stay here again and will recommend the Ramada to anyone visiting Finger Lakes wine country!

• Liked — Waterfront location
  • Disliked — no mini fridge in room, not a big deal
  • Stayed June 2007
4 Thank hootwemb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites

Been to Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort? Share your experiences!