“Eh....just ok”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My daughter and I ate the other night and just had mains and a dessert. She had the duck which she liked very much. I had the sockeye salmon which I had asked to have cooked medium. The "waitress", who was really the hostess, acted like she had never heard anyone ask for medium salmon, but was very nice and said she would make sure and tell the chef. When it came it was well done and not that great. Sides were interesting. Summer squash puree and we both had fresh greens that were a little oily. For dessert my daughter got the Pot de Creme which was very nice.

I'll agree with another reviewer that the place is very dated. My chair cushion sunk in the middle and was hard to sit in, walls are horrendous. I won't go back as there are other places nearby that are better.

The hostess/waitress was VERY nice. They were totally understaffed in the front of the house that night and could have used another server.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

A nice find in the finger lakes. Great lamb chops. Interesting sides of garlicky kale and a delicious spinach and bean puree. The only fly in the ointment was cold coffee. Very nice and different cocktails. The waitress had graduated from culinary school, but it was one of her first nights waiting tables. She did a good job and was very personable. I would recommend this for an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stopped in not expecting much, but ended up having a great night out. Lively and friendly, just sat at the bar for a drink. Great professional bar tender, he made a great margarita from scratch. Interesting beers on tap. Decided to try an assortment of oysters, really fresh and well presented. We then had some very innovated main dishes. All the food was prepared perfectly, great service, a real surpass in an unassuming setting. Great rock songs as a background.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place has a nice eclectic beer selection, interesting food choices (including $1 oysters on some nights), and really hard working staff that hustle and are attentive. This place is well run and has a nice buzz. Locals obviously love this place. We "went local" by going there both nights of our two day visit it was so good!

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This was recommended to us to try. We went on "Crusin Night" in Geneva. We went early to avoid the crowd, (about 4:30), but we were just one of two parties in the place. So, wasn't necessary to rush
The place is small, but comfortable. I'm told they have a great deep fried Chic Pea. But, I didn't dare try it, because I can't have gluten and they only have one fryer. I would have surely had problems later with cross contamination with other floured foods from it.
I ordered the Mixed Grill, which was a 3 Oz Filet Mignon, a length of organic pork sausage, mashed white beans and kale. It was very good perfect size serving. Sausage was delicious, I could have had a plate full. Mashed white beans were good. Almost reminded me of refried beans. Kale was good. I think it could have been cooked longer.
My wife had the burger with shoestring potatoes She was very pleased with the flavor and ate all of it, which surprised me.
We both enjoyed dessert of Chocolate Pot de Creme with Whipped Cream. Was a thick mousse, not overly rich Just right for the finish
Their "specials" change almost weekly, so worth the chance to try at different times. Which we will do.

2  Thank Michael S