“What a nice little find ...”

The Red Dove Tavern
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stumbled into this place and although a bit loud where I was sitting ... Surely a sign of life ... The place seemed to have a nice vibe ... The service was perfect ... The food as well, duck, zucchini flowers, smelts etc ... All cooked perfectly ... Great date place or perfect for fine different foods ... Salute !!!

1  Thank Eagleoil

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The minute my Wife and I walked in it reminded both of us of our favorite restaurant in Saugerties NY. Small, quaint and welcoming. The food was very good. It was the first and only time I will ever eat there. Would definitely recommend it.

2  Thank Cklozensky4
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Looks like a tavern with a small storefront. Inside, though, they have interesting food well-prepared and a nice wine list.

1  Thank Tara F
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Red Dove is trying to be something special but it seems to be an uphill battle. The menu is limited, regular menu items like appetizers and sandwiches are reasonably priced, which makes this place attractive to young bar patrons. The entrees are a bit more pricey, a little too pricey for this location and for the run down décor. The tables, chairs, walls, everything scream for some attention. I had the falafel sandwich, which was highly spiced. My friend had the fish special, which was average. There are way better places just a block and a half away. If you like dumpster diving, then of course, you'll feel right at home but if you want something a bit nicer, try one of the other places nearby.

3  Thank kimbadreamer
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to get 2 of the 24 coveted seats, for a wine pairing dinner with Red Dove Tavern and Atwater Winery. The food was amazing!!!! We started the evening in the tasting room, with a delightful watermelon gazpacho, and petite rabbit salad sandwiches, served with Atwater's Cuvée Brut--wonderful flavor match! Then we drove down into the gorgeous vineyards, and were seated at a long table, beautifully set, with views of Seneca Lake, and for 2 hours, were treated to some fabulous food and wine!! A grilled scallop on a square of Tabasco polenta, paired perfectly with a White Birch Pino Gris, was my favorite!!! I could have made a meal of this course!!! We continued to dine on sliced duck breast with a peanut-ginger sauce, paired with a wonderful Dry Rose--perfect!! This was followed by a delicious pork tenderloin and eggplant/tomato/pepper salad, with the best red, the Big Blend!!! Excellent!!
Finally, we were served an amazing chocolate tart on a pretzel crust, which paired perfectly with the Fahrenheit Ice Wine, and ALSO with the Big Blend!!
It was all fabulous!! Great food and wines, shared with others who love this type of dining, expertly orchestrated by Katie and Vinnie--- what a night!!!!
Red Dove's owners and very talented chefs, Ruin and Giulietta, along with their great staff, treated us to a very special experience!! Thanks!!!!❤️❤️