“Nice Little Spot”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Red Dove is a find, for sure. The outside looks like a seedy bar, but inside it is clean, fresh and has a gallery of local artists' work. I ate lunch there on 8/15 and enjoyed my pork sandwich with shoestring fries and herbal iced tea. The service was very friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. I was intrigued with their menu and will definitely return.

Reviewed July 15, 2008

This is a favorite of Hobart and William Smith faculty and other professionals in town. For a tourist, it's a lucky find. It's innovative, talented cooks offer unique fare for Geneva ---- meat and vegetarian sandwiches with local veggies and cheeses, artisan-style cocktails made from locally made juices (red orchard --- fantastically fresh), and incredible entrees (salmon over a bed of french lentils -- yum!).

Waiters and bartenders are friendly and happy to serve. Overall, a delightful place that I'll definitely get back to!

Reviewed February 7, 2008

I found The Red Dove over the summer on a business trip to Geneva. My hotel recommended it and it was within walking distance so my coworker and I gave it a try. I'm glad we did!
The atmosphere and service were great despite the fact that it was pretty crowded. Our server was sweet and very knowledgeable about both the menu and wine list. Both the menu and wines offered are unique and international.
I love their selection of small plates and we went with a tapas style dinner. We had grilled octopus, thai curry wings, steamers, and a blue cheese and honeycomb plate. All were amazing! The best part though was the enormous and rich piece of bread pudding we shared for dessert.
We found the whole experience to be great. We loved the eclectic atmosphere!
Our only complaint is that they had just run out of raw oysters before we got there but according to our server they are a favorite and sell quickly!
Great find in Geneva!

1  Thank MiraNewJersey
Reviewed January 27, 2008

The atmosphere was nice, with a kind of Bohemian music. The bartender was friendly and efficient as well. This is an upscale type of tavern or pub and we enjoyed our visit.

I guess the only negative was that we ordered the Thai Wings. they were not good. They were small in size and the flavor was off.

It is worth going for a drink to observe the atmosphere, but we would suggest that you skip the wings.