“half and half, might try again”

The Red Dove Tavern
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
canandaigua
“half and half, might try again”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

service was slow to the point of being ignored, my food was good but my wife said she could not eat her curry pasta it tasted as if it were reheated in a microwave. upon complaining we were treated poorly. but then they seemed to get it and we had a drink or two at the bar. we will try here again.

Utica
“Glad we checked it out.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved the shrimp pil pil which we split as an appetizer. Chicken sandwich and steak sandwich were both a good size & came with a generous portion of shoelace French fries. All was hot & delicious. Coffee was a bit strong but also a good size. Still good to the last drop. Staff is very friendly and helps each other out to deliver exceptional service. Would highly recommend.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Unbelievable food for a tavern”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It is a tiny tavern and to just walk by you probably wouldn't even think about eating there...This is definatley not pub/bar food...this is more like gormet dining without the superficial frills. The menu changes every week..so unique...if I lived here I would eat here quite often!! We were a party of 6 and ALL OF US WERE VERY PLEASED WITH OUR MEALS. Some of the foods we had were duck, lamb chops, duck wings,steak, bass as well as a few other items. The food was great as well as the presentation...and the portions were perfect! Seating is very limited, but it is definately worth waiting for. If you are in the area, you ABSOLUTELY MUST eat here! Desserts were gormet and wonderful also!!

Cortland, New York
“Amazing wine pairing food!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to be part of the Atwater winery's latest wine dinner in the vineyard, with food from the Red Dove!
From start to finish, it was perfection!!!
Chef Rune and his wonderful staff treated us to amazing food!!
We started with appetizers of various salads, smoked eggplant--super!--, blue fish mousse, hummus and pita chips---all paired beautifully with Atwater's Riesling Bubble.
We then moved INTO the vineyard, where the grill was set up, and a gorgeous table spread with dining places, lots of wine glasses, and an amazing view of Seneca Lake!! And the party continued!!!
We had an amazing seared scallop course with Pinot Gris, then a pork jowl served with Dry Rose'--excellent!! This was followed by my favorite of the evening, grilled lamb chops with a tomato marmalade, paired perfectly with a 2009 Cab-Merlot---unbelievably wonderful!!!!
We ended our feast with a very creative blueberry and lemon tiramisu, paired with the winery's dessert style wine, Celsius. Another winner!!
I am not sure how the chef and staff did what they did, but I am so glad that I was a part of it!!!
Amazing food, wines, people, weather, and views!!
The best food/wine experience I have had in awhile!!
And, we went to the Red Dove Tavern last night for pre-dinner drinks, and the place is great!! We will be there soon for dinner!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cfrare
Bethesda, Maryland
“Almost everything correctly done.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our first visit for dinner with friends was quite enjoyable. The place is very unassuming, It is a bar tavern with several tables, nothing fancy. Excellent selection of craft beers and a very good selection of finger lake wines. They advertise that a lot of the produce used in the restaurant is locally grown. Reservations are accepted for parties of 6 or more.

I had the whole trout and it was done perfectly. My wife ordered the lamp chops and requested that they be cooked medium rare. Two of the four lamp chops were medium rare and the other two were more medium. She ate them anyway and when she informed the waitress to let the kitchen know that they were not quite perfect, the waitress thanked her for letting her know and offered to take them off the bill. Since my wife had eaten all four of the lamp chops, she declined the offer. I was impressed with how the restaurant handled the situation. It showed class. We ordered a bottle of red wine which was a little too warm. It would have been better to have chilled the wine a bit. Our friends enjoyed their meals very much and will return. We put two credit cards on the bill and the restaurant split the charges between the two cards, contrary to what one reviewer claimed.

• Visited December 2012