“Interesting menu”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'd call this place more of a gastropub than a tavern. The dining area is kind of small,but the bar wasn't too crowded so we ate there. The service was great even though they were packed in at the tables. We split the shrimp pil-pil. I had three different types of oysters. All food sampled was high quality. The kitchen obviously takes pride in what goes out thier door. I look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I dined for the first time at the Red Dove in Geneva. THe experience was excellent. The place is rather small and even on a rainy Tuesday night the place was packed by 7PM. I had a duck breast entre and my wife had a shrimp appetizer and a side salad, both were excellent. I am always looking for a perfect duck breast and often disappointed, not here. I was asked how I wanted it cooked and it was done to perfection - medium rare. Our wait staff was knowledgeable about the entire menu and made suggestions when asked although very busy, she was very friendly. THere were only 2 wait staff and a bartender working and somehow they kept the whole place under control. We skipped desert and left very satisfied.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I and another couple had been to the Red Dove before and it was great so we tried it again. This time we got there around 5:30 and it wasn't as crowded as the first time. We didn't have reservations because their web site said that they were only taking reservations for groups of 6 or more. Although i saw a number of groups of 4 come in that had reservations. Hmmm....
Anyways we all ordered sandwiches this times and were not disappointed. The straw fries made a wonderful companion to the sandwiches which were on nice fresh hard rolls. This place also has a nice selection of wine and beer. The service was great and the food wonderful.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great food! Had the raw oysters and they where really really good. The bartender tried to explain to me what each type of oyster was and where it came from, which was nice of him. I told him just bring me two of each. Wise choice on my part.