“This is what vacation feels like.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
Paradise on the Lake Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“This is what vacation feels like.”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Sitting on the deck overlooking the lake, watching the sun go down, enjoying wine ad cheese, my girlfriend made the comment that "This is what vacation feels like." I couldn't agree more. This B&B is nice, comfortable and right on the lake. The hospitality was cordial, comfortable. The food was great. The rooms are nice and bathrooms more than adequate. The hosts were great. There was access to the lake, but it was limited by a rather rickety staicase. Otherwise, good value for the moderate price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArgentinaTrip22

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed there only for one night while bicycle touring the area.

The place is really nice, right on the lake. You can see beautiful sunset views from the porch right out of the bedroom ! Very nicely updated place. Very clean. Very nice decor. The place is in on nice back country peaceful road. But at the same time it is only around 10 miles from downtown Ithaca so you get best of both the worlds !

But that is not where it ends ! Peggy and Garrey - the owners are very warm, friendly and inviting people ! Thats what a bed n breakfast is all about ! My wife and I eat lot of banana's due to bicycle touring, and Peggy went shopping around for us to find "perfectly ripe" banana's ! Little things like that shows the caring and warm nature and makes the stay worth while there !

Ofcourse between me and my wife, we ate around 8 bananas over a night of stay ;=)

Definately recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amit_shah25
Stamford, CT
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Garey and Peggy are incredibly welcoming and provide a beautiful home with wonderful food in an amazing location. The hosts are friendly without being overbearing and even provide canoes and kayaks for guests which we didnt see anywhere else. We stayed four nights and went on plenty of day tripes to state parks and wineries as well as relaxing on the lake.

If we go back to the Finger Lakes, this is the only spot we'll stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rgfmich
upstate NY
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We have stayed at three other bed and breakfasts in the fingerlakes regions over the years. By far, this is the best place we have ever stayed. The hosts were friendly but not overly friendly/overbearing. The breakfasts particularly Peggy's scones were delicious and filling. Our room was spacious and very clean. One evening we sat out on the porch which overlooks Seneca Lake and had cheese and crackers and wine and it was extremely peaceful and relaxing. Waking up in the morning there with a cup of coffee sitting out back confirmed that this is definitely paradise on the lake. Would recommend without reservation. Dan and Mari, NY

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank reviewerupstateny
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2009

With so many bed and breakfast options around the Finger Lakes, it's easy for a place to get lost in the shuffle. However, Paradise on the Lake stands out for many reasons.

Tom and I were planning a wine-tasting trip at the Finger Lakes and we wanted to stay at a B&B. Here were our criteria:

1. Beautiful property.
2. Actually on the lake (Seneca Lake).
3. Private bathroom with a jacuzzi tub.
4. Not more than $130 a night.
5. Easily accessible to wineries.

Bonus: A B&B dog!

Most bed and breakfasts provide private bathrooms and are easily accessible to wineries. However, most are not on the lake and that eliminated a lot of options for us. Paradise on the Lake is literally on the edge of Seneca Lake. Going through their website, I saw that one of their rooms has a jacuzzi bathtub and after that, I was sold.

So first, let me describe the property. Paradise on the Lake is not on a busy road. It's off of highway 96A, on a dirt road next to the lake. Therefore, it's incredibly quiet and peaceful. The front yard has a beautiful garden. The back of the house faces the lake, and this is a great place to enjoy a sunset on the lake with a glass of wine from a local winery. The wrap-around porch and the yard both have chairs for you to do this.

The house itself was great. Tom and I stayed in Room 1, which faces the lake. Our bathroom wasn't directly connected to the room, but it was literally just 15 feet away from our door. Plus, the bathroom was one of the largest I'd ever been in. It had jacuzzi bathtub, shower, toilet, separate urinal, two sinks, and a vanity. I probably could have breakdanced in the middle of the floor too.

Peggy and Garey couldn't be more welcoming or helpful as hosts. Both mornings we enjoyed delicious breakfasts. Day 1 we had poached eggs with bacon, asparagus, and toast, plus Peggy's homemade ginger scones and Day 2 we had blueberry French toast and homemade chocolate banana muffins. We were spoiled. :)

As mentioned they're right off of 96A, which is the main highway that goes down the east side of the lake, and a number of wineries are actually on 96A. This was the perfect place to stay for wine tasting. Plus, our room was only $110 a night.

Overall, I would love to come back and I hope we do. No, they didn't have a dog, but I'll take their gorgeous lake view over another B&B's dog. Plus, they have kayaks and a canoe on their private dock that you can take around the lake!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trekker83
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Wife and I arrived after a weekend of the Musselman triathlon. My wife let the owner know that it was my birthday, and she baked a cake for me. We had a wonderful evening with the owners and their friends.

The room as on the second floor with direct access to the deck overlooking the lake. It was decorated in classic B&B Colonial fashion, extremely neat and clean, and very comfortable. We would definitely recommend this B&B to friends and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
#3 of 11 in Geneva
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan

Been to Paradise on the Lake Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!