“Billed full amount as 'no show' due to glitch in on-line booking and offered $10 discount on next stay.”
Review of Hampton Inn Geneva

Hampton Inn Geneva
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Booked room online but for some reason the reservation defaulted to the current date, not the date I requested for the stay. I didn't check my confirmation (my fault!). Time of booking was about 1PM. My credit card was debited for the full amount as a 'no show'. When I realized what happened I contacted the general manager who told me that she could do nothing to help me, since they were booked solid for that night. Hard to believe since I was obviously able to book the room at 1 PM. I asked if she could at least discount my stay on the date I intended for the reservation to be (over a month in the future). She offered a $10.00 discount. I will be staying at the Ramada Inn.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ldeborgia
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Geneva

Reviewed June 10, 2009

We had reservations at Americas Best Value Inn and ran away from there just as quickly as our motorcycle could carry us! Found the Hampton Inn on our GPS unit and decided to give it a try. When they heard where we had just come from, they were able to find us a room at a decent AAA rate and we jumped on it! Ther eis a small park across the train tracks that was nice to stroll along. The train did wake us up pretty early, but we were more amused by it than anything. The staff were really nice, providing us with 2 free water bottles after a 3 floor search for water in the vending machines came up empty. Dinner suggestons by the front desk were right on, taking us to a place called Morgan's. It was about a 3 block walk, but on well lit streets. Nice area, nice hotel, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mom4marley
Reviewed May 29, 2009

This was a nice, clean, modern motel.

You do need to try and stay on the opposite side of the train tracks. The other party we were with heard the ice machine and the train at 5pm. It was like a scene out of "My cousin Vinny"... they were on the 3rd floor by the back stairs.

We were on 2, towards the street. That was pretty good.

The hotel will be a little pricey in the fall, especially if Hobart has a home football game. There are not really a lot of quality affordable hotels in the finger lakes region.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blackhorse147
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We spent 1 night a the Hampton Inn in Geneva. The location is great, right at the tip of Lake Seneca, not too far from the highway and only about 10 minutes to the closest winery. We were checked into room 206, which was quite small. After looking at the floor plans located in the binder in the room, due to the shape of the building, rooms with numbers 04-07 were smaller than the others, so I would avoid those. The set-up of the room was a little odd, I assume because of its size. For instance the bed faced the window and had nightstands on both sides, which is normal. The phone was on the far side of the room on the nightstand that was against the wall. If you sat at the desk, you had your back to the television.

The bathroom was a nice size as was the shower. While it was clean, there were a couple of hairs on the hand towel, floor and hair dryer. This is something that the cleaning crew should have noticed. I could have complained, but chose not too, since it wasn't necessarily dirty and we were only there for the night. The bed and linens were very comfortable. The internet connection worked great.

The hotel offers a free breakfast which was very good compared to other hotel chains. That morning there were eggs and sausage, a variety of yogurts, cereals, muffins, bagels, breads, juices, coffee & tea. When we checked in, we noticed that the hot entree breakfast for that day had been french toast. The breakfast room was right off the lobby and was cozy and included a TV which was tuned to a morning news show.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kristad314
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This is a great little hotel in the heart of college town Geneva, NY. The rooms are very nice and clean, the staff is very helpful, and even though we had a minor problem with the pullout sofa, they were very attentive, and responded well, not charging us extra for a rollaway bed. The breakfast is great as well, and one of the best from that kind of hotel. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Brotsy
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My mom and I stayed one night in this hotel as part of our girl's shopping getaway (Waterloo Premium Outlets), and overall had a great stay.

Things we enjoyed:
-clean and comfortable rooms
-cushy beds and comfortable chairs
-nice desk space with free internet hookup and a computer lap desk
-nice bathroom with a spacious shower
-great complimentary breakfast bar in the morning
- we had a great view of the lake from our window

Things we didn't enjoy:
-our room was the first one on the third floor, and directly behind the elevator shaft - so we could hear the dinging sound made when the door opens throughout the night
-this hotel is right next to railroad tracks, and near an intersection where the tracks cross - we didn't think it'd be a problem, but twice during the night we were woken up by a train's whistle and the dinging of the traffic control device at the intersection

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank musicalmegrf
Reviewed February 25, 2009

My visit to the new Hampton has actually been on several occasions for small business meetings. I live locally so did not actually stay overnight, but met other colleagues from across the state to meet at this central place. We always have found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The meeting space is small, but is a perfect central location in the Finger Lakes for a group of 10-12.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!