“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
University Park, MD
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We booked about an hour before we arrived. They gave us a AAA rate. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with the duvet, spa toiletries, free internet. The lobby and common areas were nice. Very nice breakfast. Excellent staff. The walls are a bit thin and a large group came in late and woke us up. Clean and comfy and would stay again.

• Liked — Clean, tasteful, upscale
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Connecticut
Reviewed October 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn while visiting the Finger Lakes. We only stayed one night but it was very nice. The hotel appeared to be fairly new, the front desk personnel were helpful and courteous and the breakfast was very good. The king bed was very comfortable with down pillows and down comforter. The location was perfect for visiting wineries on Seneca Lake. The only complaint I have is that it is located near the train tracks that run through town and the train blows their whistle at 7:00am, however it appeared that any hotel in Geneva would have the same problem with the train noise.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — train noise
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank arubanancy
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We stayed in the Hampton Inn while we were visiting the Finger Lakes. This hotel was a good value for the money. It was clean, comfortable and the desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was simple - cereal, muffins, toast, bagels and the hot items were waffles and sausage. The food was good and it was very nice to just go downstairs for the morning meal.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — The fan turned on and off with the air conditioner
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed September 9, 2008

A pretty typical Hampton Inn, maybe a little better than average. Some rooms have a nice view of the lake, a matter that the hotel is careful not to advertise too much, since there's a small highway between the hotel and the lake. The oddity we ran into was a bathroom light that kept turning on by itself and waking us up all night. I reported it to the front desk after our first night--I was very friendly about it--and it turned out that they had previously known about the problem from previous guests who had complained. They promised they'd get it fixed that day. But the next night it was up to its tricks again. When I mentioned it to the front desk again, they said, "Well, we HAD someone look at it": it's clear that they felt no responsibility for the matter. Hampton Inns are pretty good, in my experience, at fixing such problems or offering discounts or compensation when they can't, but these folks just seem to believe that "buyer beware" covers any deficiency. I'd stay there again, but I would ask many many questions and get many assurances at check-in.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Front desk service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank gitful_nedboc
Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn one night during a visit to the Finger Lakes region. We were extremely pleased with our experience. The hotel appears to be relatively new and is very clean. The room was nice - and the bed was very comfortable. They also had a nice breakfast (both hot and cold items) and seating area. Seneca Lake is right across the street and has a nice walking path around it. In addition, there are several restaurants within walking distance. There was also a nice farmer's market within walking distance on Thursday morning (which provided a great opportunity to pick up some fresh fruit). For a standard chain hotel - we found the room, staff, and location to be excellent. I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Liked — Convenient location, very clean, excellent service.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2008

First stay for Hampton Inns chain, usually will stay in Sheraton or Fairmont. First impression was huge and positive. I had no reservation but the front desk was warm and welcoming. Since it was a new property the beds were comfortable and had good sound proofing, important as it sits beside a train track.

The entire property was very clean including the pool and breakfast area. For dinner we walked a 1/2 a block to the different choices of restaurants. It's located in a very safe area and is beside the police department, can it get any better!

Since we are driving around the states for 3 weeks we now will try to stay with other Hamptons since this was a thumbs up experience.

Internet service is free and used it in the lobby area, be aware anyone can read your screen but since the lobby had almost no one in it that was just fine.

Solid new hotel and staff who want you to come back, would stay again in a new york moment.

• Liked — excellent beds and comp light breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank advcardio
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I've stayed in a lot of Hamptons, and this one is superior in my book. I think it's a relatively new property, as clean and well-kept as it was. Speedy and friendly checkin, HH Gold status recognized. Room was exactly according to preferences (higher floor, away from elevator) and not only was absolutely huge, it had a gorgeous view of the lake and the lakeside park. Room had a wet bar with fridge and microwave on entry, and with a sofa and king-size bed it was still big enough to hold a dance party...wish I had, LOL! but I digress...

Staff was unfailingly friendly, and housekeeping did a great job. I didn't do the Hampton breakfasts during my stay but I would have if I had had time. Rates were affordable for mid-week (around $100/night before taxes) and good restaurants for dinner (i.e. Nonna's for classic red-sauce Italian, awesome bracioli!) are within walking distance. I'd stay here again! Try for rooms far from the elevator with a lake view. I will if I come back for a Seneca winery tour vacation on my own dime!

• Liked — Overall a pleasant newer Hampton Inn
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of...totally exceeded my expectations
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank marais
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!