“Almost spoiled anniversary”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Nazareth Pa., United States
“Almost spoiled anniversary”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I booked the room last minute but paid more for three stars or more because it was my 26th wedding anniversary. I also wanted to be on the lake and was willing to pay more. I found the hotel not on the lake and wedged between the road along the lake and the railroad tracks. Then we checked in and the man at the desk was dismissive to any of my questions and requests. I asked if their was definitely a lake view and if their wasn't I was willing to pay more. He said we were on the second floor and lake view, We went up no lake view only a dumpster. Then the refrigerator was very loud. The walls between rooms paper thin and we were keep up half the night by the other room. Then took a shower and the shower floor was soft from the drain to the shower head wall. The shower fiberglass floor had a slit in it and the water must be underneath the floor. When I was done the shower I stepped out onto the shower mat and found a puddle of water, The shower doors must not be caulked or functioning right. The shades in the room when I went to draw them had actual dirt and stains. Then the trains ran, and ran and ran thru the night. I have stayed in many places and I've never felt the need to give a review on the hotel. I just had four expectations with the reservation. Cleanliness, condition of the room, hospitality and view.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Geneva, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were unhappy with the comfort and appointment of your guestroom and we sincerely apologize for this. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the disappointment and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Jessica Bacher, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
South Burlington, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent location...easy access and close to restaurants and other amenities. We represented three generations and traveled with an elderly, handicapped parent. The handicapped accessible suite we stayed in was beautiful... Spacious, clean, nicely decorated, and close to the exit. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was very good with a lot of variety, including warm entrees. Highly recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here semi-last minute after a party at a friend's house instead of driving back to Syracuse. We booked the night before as every other hotel we checked was completely booked, I'm guessing because of "leaf chasers," weddings and perhaps Hobart sports.

Our room was ready so they let us check in between 12-1. There were two girls at reception, one who was very helpful to another customer, calling other hotels to see if they had availability. The lady who checked us in was a little out of it, ignoring literally every question we asked. Additionally, our room keys didn't work when we came back to the hotel at 3am.

The room was fine. Clean and the air worked well. I could hear people in the hallway in the morning but not in the adjacent rooms.

We didn't eat breakfast, but it looked nice.

Overall, our stay here was satisfactory. I would be less apt to spend $210 again were it not a last minute decision.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Hampton had an excellent location and very comfortable rooms. It is located close to the lake front and centrally located for forays into the Finger Lakes. The staff at reception was extremely helpful with suggestions for an enjoyable stay.

NEWCASTLE
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice hotel in a great location. Wonderful to have a part view of the lake from our window and great having the hotel so close that we just a few minutes to the walkway along the shore! Great Italian restaurant just behind the hotel. Train tracks are right beside the hotel, one came around 10:00pm and the other just after 11:00pm, so close the bed was shaking from it. Wonderful to have a hot / cold buffet breakfast, could use some quality upgrade on the hot items.

Ottawa
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here in October 2013 and the hotel was clean and the front desk staff was extremely friendly. The only down side was the price but I'm assuming because there isn't much competition around they are free to charge what they believe is market rate. We paid $180 per night and the room is average nothing to ride home about at that price. I've stayed in much larger cities and stayed in 4 star hotels and paid less. Like most people commented the noise between rooms is bearable but can be annoying if your neighbors are loud talkers. The hotel room and bathroom are extremely clean, the breakfast the next day was good and filling. The wifi in the room was excellent and the connection was strong. The front desk staff was extremely friendly when we arrived and very courteous when we checked in/out. All in all it was a great stay but next time I think I will price out the Ramada or the others in the surrounding area. We booked this hotel because all other hotels were booked solid for the weekend.

North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had stayed at this Hampton Inn before and knew what a great place it was. The rooms are clean and the beds are so comfortable. The staff went our of their way to ensure that all of our needs were met. Location is primo and I highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!