Americas Best Value Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I would of rather stayed in my car then spend another night there. The room was dirty, moldy, bathroom was filthy. Breakfast should of been in the garbage can. NEVER again. This place should be torn down.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
10  Thank ZoeZoeUSA
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed in Geneva for one night for a local funeral and I called ahead to ask for a clean bed---we did get that and a clean bathroom. However the room was not dusted and it could have used some attention to that detail. Continental breakfast is best skipped--some whole wheat bread would be a plus. On the whole, okay for the price---do ask for a room in the more recently renovated section of hotel and offer to write a favorable review, like I did.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Please do NOT stay here. . My daughter is a freshman at nearby Hobart and William Smilth college and asked us to come up for a quick visit and bring a few items to her from home. We tried to stay at other hotels, but this was the only one available since it was a last minute trip. We were very leary after reading some of these reviews, but hoped that maybe it would be better. Please read this and remember...THE ROOMS ARE VILE. We were brought to two different rooms. The first had an unbelievable odor...possibly fumigation? Windows were open, smell unbearable. Got another room that didn't have a smell and seemed ok. We were excited to see our daughter so we immediately left to visit with her. When we came back we got ready for bed and when bringing down the sheets we notice thick black hair everywhere! Even under the sheets on the matteress pad! I can't tell you how disgusting it was. We slept uneasily all night long on top of the bed with towels underneath us. It was awful. The next morning we went to the front desk to complain. We refused to stay the remaining night and demanded a refund. Well, there is a huge sign saying in red "NO REFUNDS"...makes you wonder...the women brought me to the man who cleans the room, I insisted he come look at the bed, when he romoved all the blankets BED BUGS came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't imagine! My son started stomping on them, I grabbed the luggage and ran! Please listen to me, this is a horrible place! The manager responded to this with a shrug and said he'd put us in another room! Are you kidding!!?? Another room! Please, please, please believe me and the other reviewers... save your money, make this place go out of business...don't let anyone else, or yourselves go thru what I and my family did. Needless to say after a few showers and washing all the clothes as well as the suitcase they were in I still feel dirty. I've contacted the corporate office, but who knows what they can or will do. I was also told that the owner of this particular Inn in Geneva, NY also owns the one in Buffalo...keep that in mind.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
14  Thank jennann
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for a little get away to got and hit the wine trail down to Watkins Glen. The jacuzzi took 2 and a half hours to fill, because the water keep getting cold and we had to shut if off and let it warm back up. Two of the lamps where out, did not work. I went and told somebody at the front office and told them we where going to dinner. We came back and still no lights, but they came and knocked on the door at 10pm to fix the lights. Then the next day, taking a shower, the water got super hot and then really cold and then super hot. No hair dyer or iron or ironing board in room. Breakfast was a joke. And the beds where as hard as a concrete slab.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jback1131
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My daughter had just had her first child, and I was at her house until midnight, helping with the baby. Got to the motel exhausted and just looking to sleep, shower and leave. The bathroom was gross. It not only hadn't been cleaned, it still held the former occupants excrement in the toilet. There was a used shampoo foil packet in the drain of the tub, hairs and shaving cream in the sink, and mold behind the toilet.
The bedsheets were see through thin, and had captured someones hair, both the straight and the curly, to welcome me to slumber. I got the blanket I keep in my trunk and slept on top of that.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo