“eh...”

Garica's Mexican Restaurant
Rising Sun, Maryland
“eh...”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Sorry, we were not impressed with Garcia's. Not many patrons there for a Friday night. Service was also lackluster with the exception of the man who filled our waters and cleared our plates with a nice smile each time. Filthy menus with dried food all over and a rickety booth with a seatback that jerked around every time the man behind me moved. Odd combination of music playing in the background - half authentic, half contemporary. The initial chips & two salsas were ok... once they arrived. The 'hot' version of salsa really wasn't that spicy (and I generally eat only mild). The combo dinners arrived about a minute later. Mine was the Enchilada & Tamale w rice & beans and my spouse had the Chalupa, Chili Relleno & Enchilada w rice & beans. Food was fair - nothing special - in my opinion but my spouse said the Chili Relleno wasn't very good. Once the tab was delivered, no one came to pick it up; so we walked it over to the register to pay our bill. Pretty expensive too (close to $30 for the two of us) for food that doesn't impress. We do not plan to return.

• Visited October 2013

East Syracuse, New York
“Enjoyable lunch.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My arrival time was just shortly after noon, so was promptly seated in a booth. A person can chose a large table or booth. My order was a Taco Salad, this a mix of beef (hamburger), big slice of tomato, covered with a creamy cheese sauce, in a big taco shell. Very filling & tasty.The taco was reasonable priced. Garica's is located in the Town & Country Plaza off Hamilton Street, plenty of parking. I would recommend a visit.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Visited September 2013