“Rude and pretentious staff”
Review of billsboro winery

billsboro winery
Ranked #5 of 31 things to do in Geneva
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Billsboro Winery is committed to crafting dry classic European varietal wines grown by Seneca Lake’s best vineyards. We are dedicated to focusing on small scale production, allowing us to devote more attention to providing a high quality product for our customers. Our commitment to quality is evident both in the glass and the experience we provide in our tasting room.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Both staff members we encountered were rude. The place was hardly what you'd consider busy at the time we entered the place. This winery is supposedly on the "Wine Travel Card" but the gentleman working the tasting room wasn't sure if they were on it (yes, they offer a free tasting for 2 i believe and i think a discount off a wine purchase) even though they do sell the Wine Travel Cards....agreed to offer the free tasting but never followed through - my husband never got to finish his tasting due to the rude behavior of the untrained staff. What wines he did try he said they were all pretty tart and he wasn't impressed. I did the chocolate & wine pairing which costs $6 the chocolates were great, their ice wine isn't nearly sweet enough but that is my own personal taste - ice wine should be thick and sweet - more so than dessert wines. It is doubtful we will come back to this particular winery.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A group of six of us went to Billsboro for the pizza on the patio night this past July. While it was drizzly and we were seated outside,= for the entertainment. Overall, it was a fun evening. However, ths folks who grilled the pizza in brick ovens had NO CLUE about how to properly handle food. Pizzas were cut and moved to plates barehanded after they had been places that could cross contaminate them. I pointed this out to both owner and partner, but no apology or effort to say they would correct it.
They may subcontract this service BUT they are responsible to see that food is prepared and served in a way that protects the public. Personally, I was skeeved out by it and would not return for this reason.

1  Thank Whisker1
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I did another trip through the Finger Lakes this Summer for wine tastings and made our way to Seneca Lake on day 2. The first winery of the day was Billsboro. My wife likes dry wines and enjoyed their Riesling. I tend to like a semi-dry to semi-sweet wine but the Kashong White was hands down my favorite wine there. The tasting room was inviting and some cheese and crackers were provided. They also had an option to pair the wines with chocolates. We didn't do that tasting but it looked tempting. It was worth a stop for sure! We purchased the Riesling and Kashong White. I have been enjoying the Kashong White with Fish, Chicken and Pork. It most closely resembled a Sauvignon Blanc.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I are wine enthusiasts, but not pros. We enjoyed the location and the wine at Billsboro. Dry reds are our thing and we liked the Dry Rose and some of the local dressings and sauces they had for sale. Would visit again.