“Very enjoyable”

White Springs Manor
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Beautiful, historic manor house with a view of Seneca Lake and the vineyards. Very spacious and quiet. It was conveniently located to the Belhurst, Geneva, wine tasting trail but removed from the hectic pace. The sun coming up in the mornings was lovely. Very large rooms, working jacuzzi, adequate amenities. They could use WI-FI. I had to go to McD's or the Belhurst for connections. The mattress was a bit soft and the room could have used more lighting next to the beds but overall, we would definitely stay there again. Enjoyed a little walk to the vineyards and pond/gazebo. The estate trees were spectacular!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank soleiloc

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was a little worried about staying at White Springs after reading some of the reviews ("dark and creepy"?!) but my family and I thought it was just fine. You do need to check in at Belhurst first as there is no staff at White Springs. And like everything at Belhurst it's set up as a couples getaway, but unlike Belhurst the rooms were super large so that for $10 each the staff was able to provide cots (no fire code violation). That meant that the kids were thrilled to sleep in the beautiful canopy bed and my husband and I were very pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the cots were (bought Advil in town for the next morning's anticipated back ache but never needed it!). You need to remember that White Spring Manor is over 100 years old so it's not the Hilton. Sure ... I wish I had a million to funnel into it for beautiful naturally finished oak doors instead of the painted doors used for each room. And the windows need some serious help (old pulley system). But the air seemed to work because we were all completely comfortable on a 90 degree day with the windows closed and there was a flat screen TV that got Nickelodeon. By the number of cars in the parking lot all of the rooms seemed occupied and the only noise I ever heard was when someone came in the front door (I was on the first floor in the "Living Room"). Be aware, though, that the Living Room has a spiral staircase that goes downstairs. The downstairs is the bathroom: vanity, toilet, shower. There is no door on the toilet/shower area. We thought for a couples getaway it could prove akward and less than romantic. As a family ... no big deal. All-in-all I was pleased.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lulabell67
Reviewed June 13, 2011

White Springs Manor is beautiful. It's amazing to stay in a 100+ year old manor and so close to a White Springs Vineyard. It's so peaceful and relaxing there. I love to sit on the back porch and look at the vineyard. I love that each room has a fireplace and hot tub. It's cozy and romantic. It's close to the Belhurst Castle, although I wish that it was closer. We always have breakfast and dinner at Edgar's at Belhurst, and Stonecutter's. We love to taste and purchase wines at the Belhurst winery too.
The manor could use some updating, though. It could use new mattresses.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jess22p
Reviewed April 26, 2011

White Springs Manor is my favorite place I have ever stayed with my husband, and we have visited several countries including Italy, Greece, and Peru. We stayed in the Mandigo room on our wedding night and following anniversary. It was beautifully decorated and had special welcoming touches such as chocolate Belhurst castles on our pillows and complimentary robes and slippers and a cute little yellow duck in the jacuzzi. We had the whole manor to ourselves and I liked not having any staff on site! It felt like we lived in our own 19th century mansion for the night. The views are spectacular and I had no desire to watch TV. It was nice to get away from everything and spend the night in the country. The breakfast down at Belhurst Castle was delicious and a good value for only $10.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYCulturalTraveler
Reviewed April 12, 2011

this was not my first visit to seneca lake, we have stayed in B and Bs and large hotel chains before. we live in buffalo so its a nice 2 hour drive getaway. what i have noticed about my previous stays is it is a diffrent way of living, not a wealhty area, but rich in beauty and history.White springs Manor was just that. we stayed in april on a sunday night in the mandigo room wich i paid under $100 for the night, there was only 1 other couple there that night. there was a slight oder but typical for an older house, the bedroom carpet needed to be changed, and the tv was ancient but the room had all the modern ammenities you needed and was clean, updated bath, room fridge,coffe pot, wine glases and opener, jacuzzi tub was nice, period appropriate furniture and fixtures, we had buffett lunch at the castle next morning wich was delicious.found it very peacful and relaxing

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank laurieCheektowaga
Reviewed February 26, 2011

After reading comments about the White Springs Manor I was very nervous about my reservation. When we arrived at the manor the driveway was plowed but the steps were not shoveled (there was not that much snow on the steps however). We stayed in the Lee room. We noticed that there was no dvd player and called the desk at Belhurst to ask about one since the website had said there was one and we brought movies. We were very surprised when a manager himself showed up about 45 minutes later with a brand new out of the box dvd player for us. He was very apologetic and helped us hook up the player which he had just run to the store and purchased. The room was clean. While there were a few carpet spots which could be easily cleaned if someone spent the time, they were pretty small and were really only noticed because I was looking for them based on other reviews. The trim around the jacuzzi could definitely be updated as it looks a bit run down. We visited the castle and had lunch at Stonecutters. The meal was delicious and not super expensive. My husband got a massage while I got my haircut in the Isabella Spa. The receptionist at the desk in the spa was pretty miserable looking and as we sat and waited for our services I could hear her huffing. The rest of the staff in the spa were great. The massage started late (we arrived early but she came down late) but she did perform the entire 50 minutes despite.

As for the manor, you have to appreciate the fact that you are staying in a historic manor built in 1901 (or something like that). Things are not perfect and pretty but it has beautiful charm to it. From the Lee room you can see out to the lake and a vineyard as you sit in the jacuzzi tub! Gas fireplace was easy to use and created a romantic ambiance in the evening.

Definitely a bit overpriced but it was perfect for our romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristens723
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have to agree with some of the other reviews. Some furninshings were nasty, and sort of "dumpy"... but the alternative was a room at the Ramada Inn for about the same price... I said to my husband..let's go for the nostalgia and history. It was neat to think about the families that had lived there,with the working farms that had been there years ago. We like history and antiquated buildings.
The check in at the Belhurst was not very helpful. We were not informed of any of the ammenities that may have been available, and for $150. a night, I thought there should have been. The room had stained carpeting, and some of the other furnishings there were not from the period, and just looked like they were picked up at a flea market. Kind of tacky. It wasn't real clean either. The pillow was stained and felt like it was from the local Dollar store.
We liked the history, and nostalgia... it's a neat place, and the property is beautiful. However definitely NOT worth the price. I felt it should have been maybe $90. at the most for the over-all service, furnishings and comfort.

I a