“great service”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
A TripAdvisor Member
“great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were pleased that the manager and clerk took into consideration that we were traveling with a 2 1/2 year old, and made sure we had a convenient ground-level room, equipped with a refrigerator and microwave (for keeping and warming milk and snacks). She also remembered to ask if we needed a pack-n-play for him to sleep in, and had it delivered to our room. Our only complaint is that the room was midew-smelling, and we were unable to open a window to air it out. I'm sure this had a lot to do with the rainy weather we were having

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
daysinngeneva, Manager at Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to hear our staff was able to help you with everything you needed. We look forward to your family’s next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
rotterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Booked this hotel via the website months ago. When I got the conformation I did see that I booked a smoking room by accident I didnt even know there were still hotels with smoking rooms.. I asked if this could be changed to a non-smoking room as I am traveling with my young daughter and it is not so healthy to let her stay in a smoking room. The manager told me the only thing I could do was cancel the room and book a new one. Because I travel a lot and know that some managers try to give you more expensive rooms I checked internet first and noticed that if I made a new booking the room would be twice as much.
So I told leave it as it is and we will survive the smoking room.
The check inn was ok the woman on the desk was very friendly but the manager stood there looking over her shoulder all the time. I felt sorry for her.
The room did really stink of smoke and there was still a dirty ashtray there which made the smell even worse.
There was a sign on the hotel post with the text renovated room. Well that wasnt the case in our room. The carpet was full of bubbles and creases like it had bean wet. The windows were very dirty and also the screens to keep the bugs out, think they havent been cleaned for ages.
Later I did see the manager in the hall way and he didnt say even good evening or something like that.
There is a lot of noise from banging doors in the hall way which you cant avoid because the doors dont close properly so you really have to bang it to get is closed.
We did love Geneva but this hotel is a no go area for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I apologize we were not able to accommodate you in the way that you would have liked. As you said you booked a smoking room since then our rates had gone up and I told you what would happen if you changed the room type at which point you chose to keep the smoking room. The clerk that checked you in to your room was in training which is why I was standing at the desk with her. As a manger it is my job to look over the shoulders of the staff to make sure everything is done right. I have spoken with housekeeping since your stay and we are addressing all the issues you pointed out. I am however happy to hear that you enjoyed Geneva, it’s a great place to visit. Thank you for your feedback.
ashalnd, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our stay at the Days Inn in Geneva New York was most enjoyable. We were welcomed into a spotless room, with plenty of towels, and lovely armoire with flat screen TV. The manager, Mr. Patel, couldn't do enough for us, as well as the staff was accommodating and friendly. I would recommend the Days Inn in Geneva New York as an excellent venue for anyone travelling to the Finger Lakes area. We were so happy with our six day experience at the facility. Nancy M., Ashland

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nancy b
Thank you for your amazing review! The staff was thrilled when I showed it to them. You can expect the same great service every time you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed one night and it met all of my needs. I arrived early so my room wasn't ready, but the front desk clerk was very helpful by providing suggestions of where to go and what to do while I waited. Originally he advised he only had one room left and that it had 2 queen beds. He offered me a handicapped room with a king bed if I didn't mind that the bathroom only had a shower. That was not a problem for me so I took that room. The room was clean, I always check for bed bugs and saw no sign of them. The bed and pillows were comfy, the area quiet. I didn't hear a sound all night. The a/c was quiet and cooled the room down quickly. The hotel provides a breakfast service, but I did not partake. A five minute drive from the lake and downtown, and within walking distance of drugstores, coffee shops, fast food, grocers and liquor stores.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KippyBee
I am happy to hear we were able to meet your needs. The housekeeping staff will be very pleased to hear that you found the room clean. You will receive the same service every time you stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Geneva
Hampton Inn Geneva
#3 of 11 in Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!