“Mr”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Tibshelf, United Kingdom
“Mr”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Thankfully we only stayed here for 1 night. It's the only hotel I've ever stayed in where I've had to get the manager to send someone to let us into our room because although the key card opened the door lock the security chain was still fastened. It's a bit of a concern to see a man with an tool you'd normally expect to see a burglar carrying, gain entrance to your room for you!

The room itself was OK. Not particularly clean and I was pleased to be leaving in the morning. The free breakfast didn't materialise. All in all, at $135, I'd say this place was very poor value. One to avoid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinngeneva, Manager at Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
We are trying to make every effort to correct any negative experience that a guest may have at Days Inn, Geneva, NY. We would like for you to call the hotel directly to resolve this situation because we do not have a rate of $135 for October. We have recently remodeled all the rooms here on our property to apease the guest in every way. We take pride in making every guest leave our hotel with the best experience possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Conveient location - a little dated but clean and a good spot if you are visiting Hobart.
Try Club 86 cafe across the street - great food and terrific prices.
The scenery and wineries in the Finger Lakes is a short trip from the Days Inn.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Etobicoke
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a nice hotel. We stayed there this year but now there is too much too much emphasis on whether we have pets or not. We said that we did not but the check in girl at 7:00 p.m. Saturday night mentioned it again when we had to sign the check in form. She has made the point of mentioning that if we snuck a pet in it would be $100.0 additional charge added to our bill. I am sorry that some people sneak in pets to avoid the extra fee. Please don't assume that everyone is dishonest. If we say we don't smoke or have pets, the first time we are asked. Do not ask again. It is very off putting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When we visit Seneca Lake for the holiday wine tasting events, we normally stay at a property that costs more than 3 or 4 times the price of this motel. This time, we opted to stay at the Days Inn, conveniently located near Seneca Lake, for $60 per night. We were pleasantly surprised by the clean rooms, comfortable beds, and kindness of the staff at the front desk. I had made my reservations online, and called a few days prior to mention that I would require a late check-in. The very nice manager, Vijay, said "no problem" and made a note of it. Check-in was easy and quick. We did not partake in the continental breakfast offered; the small lobby was crowded and the motel staff were very busy trying to make sure the guests were taken care of., so we went elsewhere to eat breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. You cannot beat the price, the location is near the wineries, restaurants, and points of interest, and the hotel staff were all very nice. I highly recommend this motel for those on a budget; I haven't paid $60 for a king no-smoking room this nice in over 25 years. If I had to think of one complaint, it would be that the TV in our room was not a flat screen, but that's being worked on, and is no big deal at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jando24
BALTIMORE
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Took way to long to check in. Could hear everything outside the room. Pillows were bad. Sorry, but that is honestly the truth. Then manager said if I brough an animal in the room or smoked I would be charged $100.00. I said I don't smoke and did not have an animal with me, but he repeated it to me again as if he didn't believe me. Very acusatory.
Not a good visit/stay.
James Harry Burman

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinngeneva, Manager at Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I do apologize if I made you feel like I was accusing you of anything. I must have been absent minded while checking you in, I was just trying to be through with this process. We have replaced all of the pillows in the rooms recently and do apologize that they were not to your satisfaction. We do appreciate your business and would like you to stay with us in the future so we can make your stay a positive memory.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Geneva
Hampton Inn Geneva
#2 of 11 in Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!