“Not as shown”

Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Run down, empty beer cans in the hall wall, beetle bug in bathroom. No flat screen TV as advertised. How can you advertise something on your WEB page and then not deliver. Once you have checked in your stuck who want to look for another hotel at night after a long drive. Overall the place needed some work. very dated, would not stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinngeneva, Manager at Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

thank you for taking time to write regarding your stay at trip advisor, first let me apologize for the inconvenience you experience as a guest of Days Inn Geneva, NY.
we recently remodel almost every things, new carpet, furnitures, ac units, walls, vanity in the bath rooms, curtains and bedding, every things in the rooms are new. we have replaced tv in some rooms but by the end of april we will finish entire building.
as soon as we noticed some guest left can in hall way we had removed it.
we will do our best to not have same experience again.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We wanted an inexpensive room for an overnight stay, and this fit the bill perfectly. The first-floor room was clean, roomy, and quiet. There's a continental breakfast downstairs, which is nice, but the coffee is available to drink in the lobby only, which was annoying, since my husband went down to bring 2 cups back to the room. So we went out for breakfast.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

thanks for taking time and write on trip advisor, we have breakfast time set from 6.30 am to 9.30 am. but we are happy you enjoy your stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed there because it wasn't very expensive compared to some of the other options. I figure that since we were there to visit wineries the money I saved could be bettter spent on a few additional bottles of wine to take home with me. There was a continental breakfast included and looked good but we didn't have any of it because it was very crowded when we went down and we were in a hurry to get going. I plan on staying there again next time we visit the Finger Lkaes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed for 1 night at Days Inn Geneva while on a weekend shopping trip in the area.

We had booked this hotel based on both the reasonable price and the great rating on TA. (It was #1 in Geneva when I booked, has since dropped to #2).

If you look at my past reviews you can see that I usually give places the benefit of the doubt and try to focus more on the good then the bad, but this place had a few too many deficiencies and was generally a let down for us.

First some of the good points:

The service at check-in was very good and all employees we encountered were very friendly and helpful. There was a bit of a delay getting our room, but I think this was just a minor system glitch and we didn't mind too much as the desk staff were very pleasant. At one point I locked my card in the room and they promptly gave me a new one no questions asked. At breakfast in the morning the gentleman working was very diligent in making sure the breakfast area was clean and stocked. All-in-all I was very impressed with the service.

This was however the highlight of the stay, as there were many issues.

First one being when we were walking to our room the place just looked dated. Shotty paint jobs, very low-grade vibe. Beer bottles left in the hallways etc. Just not a very good first impression of the property itself.

Secondly, I realized the TV was an old-school tube TV, which was surprising as the website photos show a flat panel. This was frustrating for me as I brought my laptop and the cable to connect it to the television, and this is not possible with the old TV they had. Clearly they have only upgraded some of the rooms.

The in-room heater emitted a musty smell when turned on which I suposse can be chalked up to just one of those things in a 2-star hotel.

The final thing I will note was that a bug was discovered in the bathroom. Upon close inspection it was just a harmless small beetle, but this was not something that gave us a good feeling about the place and my fiancée was a tad bothered by it. I will note that after we dealt with this one bug, there were no others spotted.

We did not mention any of these issues to the hotel staff as we left promptly for a late dinner and got back just to sleep and leave early in the morning. I'm not sure if a room change would have been possible to solve anything, as the hotel was quite busy, but for the amount of time we stayed in the room, it wasn't worth the trouble of repacking and unpacking again.

The comfort and cleanliness of the hotel was generally pretty good and there was plenty of food and other amenities in the area... and like I said the service was above average, but these issues I mentioned would make me not want to return. I felt the property fell quite a bit below my standards set based on prior reviews.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel wasn't bad, rooms were clean and we didn't have any issues being there. The price was a little steep for what it was - (small breakfast area, no pool or hot tub, not many amenities). We stay in hotels frequently because of out of town events and have paid significantly less for about the same. I thought maybe because of the area it was a bit pricier but we just booked a hotel in Syracuse for about $30 less and we've stayed there before so I know that hotel offers more then this one - a nice breakfast, pool, hot tub, etc. All in all - if you need a room you can be confident that this place will be clean and secure, but you might be able to find a better price for the same elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Geneva
Hampton Inn Geneva
#3 of 11 in Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!