“Great food, great service, perfect experience.”
Review of Pure Grille & Curry - CLOSED

Pure Grille & Curry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Linden Street & Main Street
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Although I was disappointed to see the buffet and planned to order off the menu, the owner's personalized tour of the buffet and descriptions convinced me to go with this option. He also went to the trouble to have some appetizers freshly made for us. We chose the indian masala tea that was exceptional. All the food was delicious, some spicy some less so.A lot of care has been put into the design and decoration of the restaurant. A great experience overall.

1  Thank WilkesBarreVis

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've had some very good meals there and some not very good take-out experiences. Level of spicyness varies considerably from order to order--my last "mild" dish was full of such hot chili pepper sauce that it was inedible. The hotness wasn't flavorful, just fire-alarm strength. The naan bread is terrific; owner very nice, waitstaff often slow and not helpful. Prices were good when it first opened and now have crept up...

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal, I've been unimpressed with a lot of meals out lately but this place restored my faith. First time visit but will be going back to try the buffet and will be back for another Saturday night out. Loved the options, loved the level of spice. Good variety and friendly service. We were the first people in due to the early dinner we had but didn't feel strange and the place soon filled up. I'm a non-meat eater, but have to say the sizzling patters that were for other people looked amazing. I can eat a big portion of food and when the dishes came out I thought I may leave hungry.....nope...I took stuff home (which I never do). Give it a try.

1  Thank ClaireMichael
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Call me boring, but, almost every time I travel to Geneva, I dine at Pure Grille & Curry. And, I order the same thing. I start to crave it as soon as I start heading to Geneva - palak paneer, raita, and garlic naan. And, when you say 'spicy,' you get spicy which is why I absolutely love the cooling effect of the raita!! I also love the kachumbar... this had a wonderful 'chili pepper' heat to it. But even when I don't order the kachumbar, I end up with left-overs... which I find myself impulsively eating cold out of a take out container at 2am in my hotel.

They could have a better selection of craft beer or even just one good IPA/Pale Ale (I'm not a big fan of Sierra Nevada, but that's the only IPA selection at Pure)... I know that doesn't really fit the "authentic Indian" theme, but, for me, an ice-cold, crisp, hoppy IPA goes perfectly with spicy food! One of the local Finger Lakes craft brews like Rooster Fish Dog Tooth Pale Ale would be really cool.

Anyway, overall great food and good service.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've eaten dinner at this restaurant 5 or 6 times by now. Up to now, I would never have described myself as an Indian food enthusiast, but every meal at Pure has been delicious and I'm gradually getting a little more adventurous due to the uniformly positive experiences.
My wife is more familiar with Indian food and has also been enthusiastic. I've been ordering pretty much at random and having a great time. Chicken sagwala (saagwalah?) beef vindaloo, beef makhani (sp?) were terrific.

Everything we've tried has been well-prepared and tasty, with the possible exception of their house salad, which is simply iceberg lettuce with an uninspired dressing that seems to vary in formula from visit to visit, but generally is not a favorite of anyone in my family.

The various flatbreads, however, are a hit. Chapati is chewy and delicious, the chutney was great, the curry sauce was great. Their tandoori dishes also great.

The waitstaff has been different every visit but are competent and brisk. Generally not overly informative if you inquire re ingredients or spices. The young man who appears to be the asst manager or perhaps the owner's son, is extremely polite and welcoming.

The decor is not special, but there is enough room between tables, which is a personal priority.
The walls are lined with some sort of bizarre tiki-torches for unknown reasons, but overall it is extremely clean and pleasant enough. A decent bar with some local wines and Indian beers. One cold night this winter, they offered us a free glass of mulled wine or warm glogg, from a local winery, probably Swedish Hill.

So we definitely recommend this place, sorry if I've mauled the spelling of the dishes!