“Yum” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cross street: Linden Street & Main Street
Geneva, New York
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is my first experience with Indian food and I was thoroughly surprised. I went here with some friends from out if town a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe how delicious the food was. I got the chicken tikki and loved it. I don't remember what the others ordered but I do remember that everyone enjoyed their meal.

On this night it was a very busy night and they only had one individual taking orders and serving. Our order got messed up and service was slow because she was covering a lot of territory. When we returned a few nights ago there were plenty of servers and our food came our promptly and 100% accurately.

We will definetly come back!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

New York
“Eating Indian Food in Geneva”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Pure Curry Grille thoroughly satisfied us when we were looking for an exciting taste that was out of the usual Itlaian cuisine that marks the Geneva area. While I love Italian food, the addition of Indian food to the restaurant scene in Geneva is a welcome addition of variety. This restaurant has the best Indian food in the area, with Ithaca being 1 1/2 hrs. away, we're very grateful to have a local Indian restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Finger Lakes, NY
“An unfortunately steep decline”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This restaurant has declined significantly since I reviewed it last. The food went from good to average and the service to poor.

We were there on a Tuesday night and it was far from busy. Despite this our wait person still managed to loose some of our order and some items on menu they had "run out of". Service was slow and disordered.

It is all the more disappointing since I really want them to succeed. Geneva needs a good Indian restaurant. I hope they can improve from here. I'd ask everyone to give them honest feedback so that they see what needs to be done to turn things around.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northeast U.S.
“A little variety for Geneva”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

First, I must say that it is ABOUT TIME Geneva had an Indian restaurant. For all the good American and Italian food in town, the lack of Asian food, other than Chinese, is a real problem. It's also great to see this space occupied -- I think Pure is the fourth establishment in the space in the ten years I've lived in Geneva, and they seem to be doing well.

As another reviewer has said, the food is "adequate." It is far, far, far from the best Indian food you will ever have (unless, of course, this is the only Indian restaurant you ever try -- in which case it will be both the best and the worst!), but it's a nice change when you can't face another burger or salad. The lunch buffet is a good bargain -- all you can eat, with a nice variety of entrees and sides, including vegetarian options, and usually at least two dessert selections. For me, the convenience and price of the buffet more than offset the fact that the food isn't spectacular. For dinner, it's a different story -- I've had dinner here twice, and felt disappointed both time.

• Visited May 2012
“Nice surprise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Unfamiliar with Indian food I wandered in and very much enjoyed myself. Pork dish with delicious bread and an interesting Indian beer... Old Monk 10000. Worth a visit again.