“Great Indian Food”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Linden Street & Main Street
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I consider myself a persnickety Foodie, especially when it comes to Asian cuisines. Pure restaurant definitely met my standards - a delicious Indian restaurant In downtown Geneva. It's nice to finally have quality ethnic food In this city. The lunch buffet is also great and fairly inexpensive.

Geneva New York
“The Pure Grill and Curry house restaurant, Geneva, NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

My family and I went to the new Indian restaurant on Seneca Street in downtown Geneva today for lunch. The Pure Grill and Curry house was quite busy and we decided on trying their lunchtime buffet. The buffet whilst not being as extensive as the one we recently tried in Rochester NY, was never the less very good and the dishes were very tasty and, not to spicy. Among my favorites were the Tandoori chicken which is prepared with very mild spices and cooked in a clay oven called a Tandoor. The chicken korma was delicious as was the freshly baked nan bread too. I would highly recommend the restaurant to anybody who likes Indian food as it is an authentic Indian owned and run restaurant that brings a fresh taste of the Indian subcontinent to the Finger Lakes Region.

1 Thank Cobtree
Geneva, New York
“Terrific.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

In the historically restaurant-poor city of Geneva, NY, the adding this month of a fine-cuisine Indian restaurant is a marvelous development. I have been there three times already, and I look forward to going many times more. The food is excellent; anyone accustomed to the quality of Indian dining in larger metropolises will not be disappointed. They're still working out some kinks, and the prices are pretty steep by Geneva standards, but this place is a win.

I was a little annoyed the first time I went. I had ordered the buffet (delicious), and took a little more food than i ended up being able to eat. When I asked for a box to take it home, the server said that they don't permit take-home boxes for people who order the buffet, the implication being that people will be encouraged to shovel food on their plate and get a second meal later at home for free. While I can understand this concern, that was certainly not my intention, and generally it didn't strike me as very good public relations (and I told her so), especially given that the restaurant is so new.

That said, I will happily go again and again and just take increased care to make sure my eyes are not bigger than my stomach (not easy, given how wonderful everything looks!).

1 Thank Boblikesfood
theCrankyProfessor
“A new restaurant well-worth trying...even if you don't live in Ethnic-Food Deprived Geneva!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I'm not the first of my friends to eat here...a work colleague whose father is Indian had the lunch buffet on Monday and came back to work with a copy of their menu and general satisfaction.

My standards aren't so high (we're all Scots-Irish in my family), but I VERY much enjoyed dinner tonight. I shared a mixed appetizer plate, lamb vindaloo, chana masala, and really good bread (something fancier than naan and I didn't retain the name). We went for everything at a medium setting for spicy, and it was kicky but not dangerous (with some raita).

The decor was understated - very pleasant (if a little dim).

Yum - I'll be back. They're open Mondays!

1 Thank theCrankyProfessor