“Definitely a must in Geneva”
Review of Ventosa Vineyard

Ventosa Vineyard
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Winery and restaurant on Seneca Lake.
Austin
“Definitely a must in Geneva”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for a quick lunch on the way to Ithaca and really enjoyed the scenery, service and food. The escarole and bean soup was out of this world!! Wish I had ordered a bowl instead of a cup! Service was great and the view-- wow!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Wkl40511

Potsdam, New York
“Great View”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

What a great view! We stopped for a tasting and enjoyed the view. Wines were good, but since this was our first stop on our annual tour, we did not have time to linger. If I lived down here I would spend some time here.

• Visited August 2014
Rochester, NY
“Be sure to stop here!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

This is my husband and my favorite winery to stop at by far on Seneca lake. Great wine aside, the food is fantastic! Make sure to get the grilled chicken wrap....amazing! Between great food and the scenery while you're eating on their outdoor deck, you will leave feeling more than satisfied!

1 Thank jenroberts510
Cleveland, Ohio
“Most scenic winery with a view!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our third winery stop in the Geneva area. This winery definitely has that tuscan look and feel to it as soon as you step foot inside. Since we were hungry, we placed our food order prior to the wine tastings, so by the time we finished our wine tastings our lunch would be ready. The wraps from their cafe are amazing and we enjoyed it from their back patio…which is the most picturesque view I've seen from a winery! My husband had the grilled chicken wrap and I had the chicken salad wrap. This was by far one of the best wraps I've ever had! I believe I had mine with the semi-sweet riesling and the two went perfect together! Definitely get something from their cafe after your wine tastings, you will enjoy it along with the view!

Now the wine tastings were really good. The semi-sweet riesling was my favorite out of all that was offered (I favor the sweeter wines vs. the dry wines). There was a good amount of wine to select from, so it depended on if you wanted more a dry or sweet wine. There were a lot of people in here the same time as us, but it wasn't too overwhelming as we experienced from a previous winery. We tried asking our server questions about the wines and winery, but I felt like they were kept pretty busy with the others who were tasting as well. There were 2 areas where you could have done your tastings, a long counter set along the side with views to the side of the winery, and another smaller rounded one in the back (which seemed setup more for bigger groups of tasters) which overlooked the patio and out towards Seneca Lake.

Overall this winery is must stop to see and check out! We would definitely come back here when in the area again! Just make sure to check out the back patio and enjoy your meal and some wine!

• Visited July 2014
Rochester
“Wine pourer ruined it”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

So last week there was a small group of us who decided to take a trip down to the finger lakes to do some sightseeing in wine country. We ended up going to five wineries and the service at this was FAR AND AWAY THE WORST. Our server whose name tag said "Lexi", taller with long brown hair was the rudest person we encountered. We were the only ones at the bar we weren't greeted but instead demanded to "pick four" as laminated sheets and markers were tossed at us. There were a few wines we would have bought but our server was too busy texting behind the bar to tell us what she had poured for us so we decided to grab a bite at the cafe and leave. The food was awesome and the cafe workers were so friendly and helpful. That was the only redeeming aspect of this place, although I will say I have enjoyed my times there in the past and they have had some of my favorite wines in previous trips. Management might want to reevaluate some of their staff. Probably won't be back for a tasting again.

• Visited July 2014