“A little snooty, staff not friendly”
Review of Ventosa Vineyard

Ventosa Vineyard
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Winery and restaurant on Seneca Lake.
Description: Winery and restaurant on Seneca Lake.
New York City, New York
“A little snooty, staff not friendly”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This place was so snooty. I was there with a group of friends and thankfully we did not stay very long. The staff was rude and the environment was not very welcoming. I was not impressed whatsoever. The server acted as though we were inconveniencing her by being there and it was just not a good experience. I will not be coming back here.

• Visited September 2012
Carrie H, Marketing Manager at Ventosa Vineyard, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about your experience (or lack of). There is no excuse for the way you were treated; I would love to invite you back so you can have the experience that you should have had the first time you visited. Please contact me at 315-719-0000 or info@ventosavineyards.com, as I would like to gather more information so we can prevent this issue from happening again in the future. Again, my sincere apologies.

Utica
“Wine Tasting”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just came here for the wine tasting and it was a beautiful december day! Ventosa's service was great and the wine tasting was a wonderful experience! Their whites have a great scent and taste to go along with it! I would highly reccomend this winery for a future tasting!

• Visited December 2012
Carrie H, Public Relations Manager at Ventosa Vineyard, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank You for the review! December sure is a great time to visit us; the terrace is a little chilly but you can't beat the view, and it's not so crowded. Thanks for stopping, we hope to see you again, soon!
ny
“Beautiful Wedding”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a wonderful time we had, the ambiance is awesome. The food was absolutely delicious. We chose the prime rib and it was tender and perfectly seasoned. The cocktail hour appetizers were plentiful- swedish meatballs-yumm, scallops wrapped in bacon, huge schrimp, etc all excellent. The staff was eager to please and it made the evening a huge success.

• Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York
“Ventosa for Our Son's Wedding Reception”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our son and his wife got married and has their reception at Ventosa. The reception hall was beautiful, high ceiling, chandeliers great view of the lake. There is a balcony over looking the lake that really adds to the beauty over looking the vineyards. The wedding was to be outside behind Ventosa overlooking the lake, very pretty. Due to cold rainy weather it was held on the balcony which was the backup plan. It turned out to be a very nice set up, I was concerned it would not be very nice. The whole ceremony was very pretty overlooking the lake and shielded from the weather.
The reception was great, all the staff were so helpful and accommodating. The food was excellent, chicken marsala outstanding. My prime rib was 1 inch thick and so tender. The chef actually came to our table to ask how are meal was and tell how it was prepared. Nice touch in my opinion.
One nice thing they have available is fireworks. At 9 PM we had a 12 minute surprise fireworks display for the guests put on by Young's Explosives. Great show and great pictures of the Bride and Groom on the deck with the fireworks.
We had a guest arriving from overseas that was delayed, I asked a waitress and she held his dinner for him, and brought it out 3 hours later! That's service!
The whole staff took care of anything you needed. RJ the manager was great throughout the whole process.
I have to say, great place, great atmosphere, and great food!

• Visited September 2012
Middlefield, Massachusetts
“Confusing. The display cases were empty and there appeared to be no food.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food available was fair. It was made earlier in the day. There were a few chips thrown in but they were pretty stale. Seats are uncomfortable. The room has lots of glass with wine tastings going on around the edge of the room.

Visited October 2012