“At this point just average.... maybe improvement in time.”

Ciccino's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 89 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
rochester
“At this point just average.... maybe improvement in time.”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My Mom and I went there to eat on a Saturday at around 5:30 with no reservations. A young lady offered to seat us however she had to go clear a table. In the meantime a party of 7 came in with reservations and were seated immediately which is understandable. Also, on a sidenote the restaurant is small and will get very congested if it gets busy I think. In the meantime, 2 other people offered to seat us and finally she came back and took us to our table. Our waitress came over and took our drink order and brought our menus and all was good. We ordered our salads and my mother went to order manicottis and they were out of stock. At 5:30 on Saturday night? I ordered the pizzabake and my Mom ended up with baked shells. As I was eatting my salad I realized we never got served our bread. The do have the oil and vinegar on the table for dipping. She brought our food and I asked for our bread and she got it. We have eatten at the other Ciccinos in Waterloo and this one followed suit, my food was lukewarm. The portion size was very good, the taste was good but it was basically cold. Im not one to send things back so I just ate part of it. My Mom liked her baked shells and said they were hot. At this point we were still eatting and the check came. Do you want us to leave? They had beautiful desserts advertised on the table and we were never asked if we wanted any or any coffee. I worked in guest oriented jobs for over 30 years and I think they should maybe try to sell their desserts and coffee as an add on sale. I understand that this had just opened however I think some of these things should have been ironed out. I probably wont go back to this Ciccinos but maybe will try its sister location in Waterloo again. Overall I think the food could be very good but they need to work on that and the service. In my opinion if you are not a tolerant person I suggest you wait awhile to go to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank prince043

Slingerlands, New York
“Possibly best calzone I have every had!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We found this by accident looking for a place to get dinner on a Saturday night after a day long multi-winery tour. Could not have been happier that we found this place! The service for a little pizza place was great. The calzones were the perfect balance of browned on the outside and doughy on the inside. I highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2011