“Surprisingly good food, great beer and wine selection”
Review of Beef & Brew

Beef & Brew
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly good food, great beer and wine selection”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a very pleasant dinner at the bar last month. They have a great selection of local wines and beers. I ordered the lamb chops which were served on mashed potatoes with sauteed veggies. The lamb was great; perfectly cooked, but a bit small. The mashed was excellent, rich and buttery, and the vegetables were fresh and crisp. I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is nice as well. Definitely would return.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great food but kind of a funky atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were early for dinner so ended up sitting at the bar instead of a table. Hubby and I both noticed a really funky smell immediately... But got used to it as we settled in. Our server was new and didn't know much about the menu, but we both chose well. Beef stew was a hearty bowlful of yumminess... And the beef& cheddar sandwich was fantastic... Melt in your mouth beef on a tasty crispy baguette. Delicious and filling. It's a shame the atmosphere was a little dank... Because despite the food i'm not sure i would go back.

Sarnia, Ontario
“Good food, friendly staff..”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had dinner at this pub after my co-worker identified multiple good reviews in trip advisor. A very relaxed atmosphere in this pub which was enjoying trivia night when we were there, we found our server very friendly and helpful.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SunSeekerRon
Independence, Ohio
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ate there Saturday night. I had the Beef on Weck. The roast beef was excellent but the bun had a bit too much salt on it. Once I brushed most of it off, it was very good. The au jus was tasty but the horseradish mayo needed more horseradish. My wife had the beef stew which she raved about. She had more than enough to take home for lunch. Our friend who was with us had the hickory smoked pork. It came with two sides and all you can eat. At twelve dollars it was the deal of the evening and I tasted it and the pork was very good. They only roast a whole pig on Saturday.

The service was very efficient. Even though we came on a busy night we were seated quickly and and our waitress was attentive.

Penn Yan, New York
“I had high hopes”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was really hoping to find a good place to eat in Geneva. Walking in the door I got a whiff of that bar smell- you know that off putting, you need to air this place out and use some bleach smell? Well, we were immediately greeted and escorted into the dining room and thankfully it did not smell in there. The dining room was really charming. Kind of an 1850's old fisher mans Cape Cod kind of decor. Lots of ships and a stone fireplace.
Service was prompt - maybe a little too prompt. Immediately after being handed the menu the waitress asked if we knew what we wanted. Perhaps she thought we were regulars...
So- the food they have a signature soup which we both ordered. If you have a signature item on your menu it should really be excellent don't you think? Cheddar and beer soup was pretty thin with too much beer flavor. The crumbled bacon that was supposed to be on top was kind of uncooked and inedible. The soup needed substance and salt!
I had no sooner taken three bites of that when my Cesar salad arrived - how did this get prepared so quickly?? The salad was pretty large and was probably fresh earlier in the day. But, it looked as though it had been prepared ahead of time. The chicken had been cooked then reheated and placed on top. Not awful but not too great either. My husband ordered the beef briquet sandwich and said the beef was tender, the sauce was spicy but all in all the food was very average.
I would probably not make a return visit unless I were a beer drinker and wanted to sit at the bar. But even then I would hope they could do something about that smell!!

1 Thank justvisitingkids