Belhurst Castle
Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$83
$75
$76
$114
$93
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton Inn Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$121
$107
Hampton.com
Geneva on the Lake(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$378
$243
$75
$160
All reviewswine spigotvinifera innwine tastingtower suitegift shopdwyer suitegas fireplacebilliard roomseneca lakefinger lakesprime ribnewer partwhite springs manorperson showerthe studyjacuzzi tubromantic getaway
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a group of 4 couples meeting for a reunion at the Belhurst. We all stayed in the "old" part of the castle and loved all the original features and charm expecially the hidden wine faucet right outside our rooms. The meals served were delicious and sitting around the outdoor firepit overlooking the lake was the perfect place for all of us to get re-aquainted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our 45th wedding anniversary, so soon after the holidays, often sneaks up on us. We decided at the last minute to try Belhurst Castle. We found that our "package" included very nice accomodations with in room jacuzzi , fireplace and gorgeous lake view plus generous treats, wine, chocolates, local snack foods, voucher for casual dinner in the "pub" and breakfast. Since we already had gift certificates for the spa, we enjoyed their services and atmosphere there so much. We are not experienced "spa" people and the staff there could not have been more gracious and skilled. We enjoy Stonecutters, the casual restaurant, and the full breakfast in the main restaurant, Edgars , was delicious with lovely friendly service (thanks christina). All the staff were cordial and helpful. While a one night getaway was a splurge for us, it is quite reasonably priced, and the setting gives one the sense of a real escape from every day life. Belhurst is popular for weddings, a gorgeous setting, but I would highly recommend it for couples of any age for a romantic stay.

Room Tip: We prefer slightly more contemporary rooms in the Vinifera wing. The historic character of the castle might be nice to try.
1  Thank psnotebaert
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife & I recently stayed at Belhurst for a romantic getaway. This is one of our favorite locations to get away for a night. Our room included a fireplace & jacuzzi. Even in the winter, the view of Seneca Lake is great. All guests receive complimentary wine tasting, plus discounted purchases at the gift shop. Our meal was delicious. I highly recommend Belhurst Castle. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Patrick W
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at the Vinifera Inn last week and had a fantastic time. It is the new addition to Belhurst Castle where we previously stayed. The lake front room was just gorgeous, with fireplace and jacuzzi in bedroom.
We only had one problem, which was turning on gas fireplace. There was no wall switch and you had to get on your knees and turn a knob right inside the screen. Seemed like a very dangerous situation, esp, when trying to turn off.
Aside from that, this place is wonderful, great bar and restaurant. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest lake side.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had never been to Seneca Lake, and was recommended to stay at Belhurst. My boyfriend and I stayed at White Springs Manor, about 2 miles away from the castle. It was nestled in a residential area, and a great location. Our room was very spacious. We had a gas fireplace, jacuzzi, and additional suite attached to the room. I loved the chocolate suckers placed on the bed. The bathroom could have had more storage space, but other than that, the room was great. We also had a beautiful view of the vineyards from our room. I did find that some of the staff did not seem very happy about working at the place. While we were checking out, an employee was complaining about coming in that day and some of the staff did not say hello back to me when I greeted him or her. The staff that we dealt with directly were very pleasant though. Stonecutter's food (casual dining located inside the hotel) was amazing, I had chili with a bread bowl. I would highly recommend that restaurant. I would return to the Belhurst if I ever go back in the future to the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple