“Did not meet our expectations”

Opus Espresso & Food Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Geneva
Newark, New York
“Did not meet our expectations”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After seeing a highly favorable review in the paper recently, we went for lunch with high expectations. They did not materialize. The menu board does not contain the full prices for salads and my wife's Thai Peanut Salad cost $9 plus $3 for chicken. The salad was quite bland, insufficient dressing and only containing lettuces, carrots, cucumbers & red onion. The chicken breast pieces were dry and tough. My daily special pannini was so-so. For $9.75 I expected better. The total cost for lunch was $29 which is way too high for the quality of the meals. In addition, the restroom did not have hot water and lacked toilet paper. Very disappointed in our visit.

3 Thank markinnewark

NY
“Don't judge a book by its cover. Nicer inside than out.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The outside menu is deceiving. The selections inside are much tastier. I had a house salad with grilled salmon. Excellent. Too much really. My husband had a vegan panini that he enjoyed. Everything was super fresh and the presentation was lovely. Nice plates. The staff was very helpful. Our server offered to fill up our water bottles with ice and water. Really nice atmosphere inside.

1 Thank NyFunnygirl
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice relaxing atmosphere with lots of coffee choices and good food. We enjoyed the cranberry scones and yogurt with homemade granola.

1 Thank Jeff2061
“O yeah”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went with my fiancé for lunch. The grilled cheese and tomato soup is ridiculously good. Maybe the best I've ever had. Had two tastie lattes too. The service was very pleasant and sitting out in the sun on Exchange Street didn't suck either. Check it out.

1 Thank philortolani
Geneva, NY
“Really excellent coffee and food in the Finger Lakes”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I took my Italian friend, Pier Alberto, to this place because I knew that he was a complete snob about espresso. He thinks only Italian espresso (in Italy, that is), is the only good coffee. (He finds Starbucks substandard). I wanted to see what he thought of this place. He grudingly had to admit that Opus makes really really good espresso! I certainly think it is the best I've had outside of Italy. The food is simple (sandwiches, soups and salads), but excellent as well, with local ingredients! This is a favorite place for lunch.

• Visited May 2013