“pleasantly surprise”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
A TripAdvisor Member
“pleasantly surprise”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was very clean and the service was great. Excellent breakfast was provided. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

gmgeneva, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I am so glad that our property exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Alicia Rath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Kulpmont
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This property is truly the definition of a budget hotel. I read the reviews saying the rooms were small but I was surprised by how small. If you wanted to move anywhere in the room one of us had to move out of the way. The queen bed filled the room with a VERY narrow walkway. The only chair was the desk chair and if someone sat at it you couldn't get anywhere. They did make good use of the space there was by putting the AC/heating under the window sill and a set of (2) drawers to its right. The mattress & pillows were horrible, like a marshmallow soft and there wasn't anywhere else to even sit. We stayed (2) nights and did not sleep well at all. The soaps were not given for both days only our arrival day. Noisy, could hear showers etc. A contental breakfast was offered but it was such a limited selection that we went out to eat breakfast. When we checked in, the front desk young lady answered most questions with "I don't know" but she did offer to find out and she did,. I give her an A, but whomever trained her a "F". For example, there are room safes but you have to have an employee "activate/unlock" them and only if you make the request which I found to be odd. I would not stay at this particular hotel again or a Microtel for that matter. We paid apx $80/night. I"ve stayed at other properties in the same price range that gave me much better value for my money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmgeneva, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am surprised to hear that you did not find our hotel to be a great value. We normally hear the opposite. I apologize that we did not like our pillow top mattress or soft pillows. I would suggest that you reserve one of our suites next time, as I believe that you will enjoy the added space and amenities that this room has to offer.

State College
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed for two nights for a family wedding. The rooms were clean and bright. The bathroom was clean, though perhaps on the small side for three adults. The walls were definitely thin and it was easy to hear the occupants of the rooms beside and above our room. Not a bad place to stay for the cost.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I am so glad that you found our hotel to be such a great value and I hope that you enjoyed our Finger Lakes region so much that you will visit us again soon!!

Alicia Rath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Geneva
Hampton Inn Geneva
#3 of 11 in Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva? Share your experiences!