“Great for some - Overkill for others”
Review of Sweet Sue's Diner

Ranked #57 of 95 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Looking for some local rural color, Sweet Sue's is the place. Looking for large portions of basic food for a small amount of money. Sweet Sue's is the place.

I visited for breakfast in mid-November and a large percentage of the customers arrived in muddy hunting gear. A few of the men wore radios that squawked fire calls periodically. The place was clean but run down - my chair cushion was 1/4 missing for example.

I joined 3 people - I waited about 20 minutes before I was noticed but once the order was taken the food arrived quickly - it was hot, plentiful, and well prepared, The eggs and home fries were bland. The coffee was hot and weak. It was an enormous meal for under 4 dollars that many I know would have been ecstatic about. I ate less than half. My friend ate about a quarter of her single pancake - it was about 12 inches across and at least 3/4 inch thick. The couple we were with that recommended Sweet Sue's ate every speck of the same meal I ordered.

Sweet Sue's is just the place for a person with a large appetite for simple, bland food. Give me a cup of dark roast and some whole grain toast!

1  Thank MA2NY

Reviewed September 11, 2008

Sweet Sues Diner is a little hole in the wall on Route 20 heading out of Geneva, New York. It has the best breakfast. It does take a while to get it, but it's worth the wait. You seat yourself (we sat at the counter and watched Sue cook). The portions are huge, especially the pancakes which are the size of dinner plates. Dare you to eat two of them.

I took my daughter there when I went to visit her at school last weekend and she is now bringing her boyfriend there this weekend. I highly recommend it for the hometown touch and great food.

1  Thank Psychomom83