“Excellent pasta”

Description: Family owned business since 1996, Serving Classic Italian Cuisine
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent pasta”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Charming Trattoria with good service and large menu. Service was quick and efficient. Would go there again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good Italian food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very friendly staff. Good italian food! Don't let the outside fool you, this place is worth eating at! We ate inside and really enjoyed our meal.

London, Ontario, Canada
“Great Meal”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was the best meal I have had in a restaurant for years....we will defintely go back to Nonna's the next time we are in Geneva.
Service was excellent food was sensational

Westbury, New York
“Lunch was great”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We read other reviews from trip advisor and decided to try this restaurant on the day we were leaving for a lunch. The food was great. Their sauce was just like home.

Albany, NY
“Pleasant Dinner and Very Good Service”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nonna's Trattoria is a casual restaurant that offers above average dining. The atmosphere is reminiscent of a neighborhood place in "the neighborhood" of, say, South Philly or NYC. But the fact is the food is good and if you like Italian you cannot go wrong here.

I had manicotti that was so light that I could not believe it. Rather than the standard tubular pasta, this was enclosed in a lovely homemade crepe. The red sauce was excellent, and I don't mind saying that I am somewhat of an expert of red sauce, having conducted "research" since 1975. This is was top notch!

My accompanying salad was a bit flimsy with the standard lettuce, grape tomatoes, and a couple of red onion rings. But, the bread was outstanding. I believe that it is provided by their "sister restaurant" that does the baking.

My wife had a dinner-size salad featuring nice portions of grilled chicken and a much wider range of greens. Unfortunately, the greens weren't quite as crisp as is preferred. The only real snag was a bitter tomato that managed to sneak in. The dressing was served on the side in a more than generous amount. I was advised that the chicken was excellent.

Several beers were on draft, including a local and Pironi. The wine list was good, although we stayed with the brew rather than the vine.

Service was prompt and super-friendly. The dining room is old-fashioned, in a nice way, and there is a patio dining area along with tables on the side walk.

On the evening we were there (a Wednesday, fairly early about 6:00pm) the clientele appeared to be largely tourists, casual, but in good moods. I understand that the locals like this place, too.

So, would we return? Yes! There are several more items on the menu that require further investigation, and I have to study that red sauce.

• Visited July 2012