“Great relaxation close to home”

and 1 more site!
1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
Farmington, NY
“Great relaxation close to home”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

If you're looking for some R&R and you live in the Rochester, NY area, I would highly recommend heading to the Bragdon House in Geneva! Jennifer, our host, was very accomodating and energetic. You can tell she loves what she does. Jennifer created an amazing French Toast and Apple Crisp breakfast! It was so good I asked to take home the leftovers! Our son loved the leftover french toast! It was my husband's first time staying at a B&B...he wasn't so sure he'd like the idea, but he was very impressed!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
georgetown
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I have just stayed at The Bragdon House B&B for the second time and I cannot wait till my next visit in a month. As a French citizen, a permanent Canadian resident and a great fan of travelling in the US, I drove across many, many states and I have to say: I have never ever found this amazing sense of Home anywhere else than at the Bragdon House. That’s what I love about B&B. I don’t know if it’s the wine of the region, the trips to wineries with Diana and Jennifer Wenz with breathtaking views on the lake or the two ladies themselves but something makes my stay at the Bragdon House absolutely perfect and leaves me with a strong urge to come back a.s.a.p. when, alas, I have to hit the road again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Northern Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My husband and I spent a beautiful early spring weekend at the Bragdon House. Thanks to the wonderful owners, Jennifer and Diana, we had a really great time. We chose their wine tour package, and Jennifer was our driver and host on a really awesome, fun, and personalized tour of the wineries on the Seneca trail. She really was able to strike the balance between giving us her input and expertise on the region, and allowing us to run the day. Plus, she was so much fun to hang out with--it was like being out with a friend!

The strengths of Bragdon House are its affordability, great location (just a couple minutes walk to the downtown area, so you can spend the day at the wineries and not have to drive to get dinner), and the warmth and hospitality of its owners. On top of that, the house itself is beautiful and our room was fresh, clean, and full of charm. The B&B is right on Seneca Lake and offers fabulous views, especially of the morning sunrise over the lake's eastern shore.

We hope to come back to the region and when we do, we will stay at the Bragdon House again. We highly recommend this B&B to anyone seeking a getaway in the finger lakes. Jennifer and Diana know how to make your visit comfortable and be welcoming without intruding on your space, and it's always great when you can say that the place you stayed contributed as much to the enjoyment of your vacation as all of the other fun things you did.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
Reviewed March 18, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at Bragdon House. Perfect location -- steps to downtown and the college; beautiful views of Lake Seneca. Our suite, The Phoebe, had a super comfy bed, beautiful lake views, and a spacious bathroom. Jennifer (one of the owners) was absolutely delightful and accommodating. She provided wonderful ideas for things to do and places to visit in the area -- and her breakfasts were delicious! We hope to return soon.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed February 16, 2009

For Valentine's Day 2009 my boyfriend and I chose the Bragdon House for a weekend getaway in Geneva, NY. We chose to do a wine tour package and could not have been happier with our choice! The owners are phenominal, very accomodating and professional. We had a great time and loved the wine tour! I would highly recommend it for anyone in the area! The breakfast each morning was a real treat as well as the special home cooking was made fresh and with great attention. We definately plan to go back this summer with more friends!

-Felicia & Billie-

• Liked — The B&B's appearance and atmosphere!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
Reviewed February 11, 2009

My fiancé and I spent the weekend at this B&B and had the best time. It's a home away from home! We always enjoy staying at B&B's - they really are so much better than a regular hotel. Over night rooms are very well priced!

The hotel owners - Jennifer and Diana were such great hosts. They made us feel welcome immediately.

Our room was the Phoebe. It had a king bed and large bathroom (stand-up shower). It's at the end of the hall, so it felt like it was the most private of the rooms in the third floor. We stayed two nights and booked a package deal with a wine tour. I highly recommend this if you are going to visit the Finger Lakes and do a lot of wine tasting! For the price, you really can't beat it.

You can take a private tour – which we did or a group tour. I prefer the private tour – personal attention at its best. Jen was our driver - and she made the trip so much fun. She knows the area well, and all the wineries. If there is something specific you like, Jen can direct you to it.

Breakfast that weekend was cooked by Diana (Jen's mom) - as they switch off weekends for cooking. Diana made the biggest omelet I've ever had...filled with all kinds of veggies. She is very considerate of any foods you don't like, or food allergies... We had waffles the first morning and were the only people at the table - it was great personal attention.

This is a great location - close to downtown Geneva. We ate at Halsey's Saturday night - awesome food. The innkeepers have lots of suggestions and can point you in the right direction. There are menus for local restaurants when you walk in the door.

The house itself was beautiful and clean. Big open spaces - and a huge veranda that we didn't get a chance to enjoy - as it was February! We hope to go back in the summer to check it out. If you want a friendly B&B close to wineries and downtown restaurant, and a GREAT price – then this is the place for you!

• Liked — Friendly inn keepers, large room, homey feeling, close to wineries & restaurants
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
Reviewed December 15, 2008

This is a long overdue review of our stay this summer. My friends and I were looking for a "Girls Getaway" in the Finger Lakes , and I just stumbed upon The Bragdon House on the internet. Looked nice, so we booked it for 2 nights. Well, we were met with so much enthusiasm and energy from Jennifer and Diana that it became contagious. We had lazy, relaxing time on the back porch (with lots of wine!) as well as fun touring of the local wineries with Jennifer as our guide. She not only was well-versed in her knowledge of the wineries, but she was friendly with the staff, thereby making it an even more enjoyable experience for us! The rooms were lovely, the food was delicious, and the setting was delightful. I cannot stress how nice and fun Jennifer and Diana are; they are everything innkeepers should be and then some. They truly treat you like family, in the best way!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites

Been to 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!