“Excellent cuisine even in the Finger Lakes”
Review of Halsey's

Halsey's
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
New Paltz, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent cuisine even in the Finger Lakes”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We completed a day of wine tastings at Halsey's. We asked for a table upstairs which was quiet and romantic. The crab cakes are so good they are reminiscent of one's we at at Bayona in New Orleans. Crispy on the outside with large lumps of sweet crab meat with a spicy remoulade. I had the vegetable lasagna and my husband had the chicken saltimboca. Both were very good. The desserts were exceptional- a Belgium chocolate flourless cake and a creamy berry creme brûlée. The wine pours are generous. Our server, Jenn, was helpful and attentive. For the Finger Lakes area, this is a gem. We will return. Do not hesitate to enjoy this restaurant!

• Visited April 2013

Hudson Valley, NY
“Best Crab Cakes EVER!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

After a day traveling the wineries - Halsey's came recommended for dinner. A Saturday evening, with no reservations - we sat at the bar, and ended up ordering drinks & our meals from there. It worked out wonderfully.

The special drink (a pear tini of sorts I think) was mixed to perfection.

The best part - I've had crab cakes in MANY places in the country - most really are just average, and often not that great. Halsey's crab cakes were AMAZING. lump crab, not much filler - delicious.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Atmosphere and service great, food a disappointment”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Halsey's on a recent week-end trip to Geneva and area. The atmosphere was lovely and we enjoyed the decor. The old building has been restored beautifully. However, for the price the food was a disappointment. Overuse of sauce spoiled the calamari appetizer my husband had and too much dressing spoiled my salad. The pork chop that my husband had was large but not particularly interesting. The risotto served with my salmon was overcooked.

Canadian couple

• Visited January 2013
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Truly enjoyed the atmosphere brick oven and all. This well presented and well appointed restaurant is a pleasure for the diner. Creative, quality menu selections and good service delivered in a well restored historical restaurant with a friendly casual atmosphere. Exceptional

• Visited January 2013
Kingston, NY
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Halsey's is a hopping restaurant in Geneva. A reservation is required on the weekends. I went with my son who is in Geneva for college. Our meal was fabulous. It is a little pricey.

Visited November 2012