“Atmosphere and service great, food a disappointment”
Review of Halsey's

Halsey's
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Halsey's on a recent week-end trip to Geneva and area. The atmosphere was lovely and we enjoyed the decor. The old building has been restored beautifully. However, for the price the food was a disappointment. Overuse of sauce spoiled the calamari appetizer my husband had and too much dressing spoiled my salad. The pork chop that my husband had was large but not particularly interesting. The risotto served with my salmon was overcooked.

Canadian couple

There are newer reviews for Halsey's

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Truly enjoyed the atmosphere brick oven and all. This well presented and well appointed restaurant is a pleasure for the diner. Creative, quality menu selections and good service delivered in a well restored historical restaurant with a friendly casual atmosphere. Exceptional

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Halsey's is a hopping restaurant in Geneva. A reservation is required on the weekends. I went with my son who is in Geneva for college. Our meal was fabulous. It is a little pricey.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had a one night stay in Geneva and found some positive reviews on TripAdvisor for this place and decided to check it out. We were not disappointed. We had the short ribs with sweet potato pure as an appetizer and it was absolutely delicious, so good I wish they had it as a main dish. I got the house specialty pizza, my wife got the stuffed chicken, and my mom got the meat pizza. Everything was excellent, we were all very satisfied. To top it all off, we ordered their Bailey's creme brulée, which was also quite delicious. All in all, a successful meal from start to finish! I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went to Halseys for the first time. The atmosphere was great, decor was nice. A variety of meal choices. The brick oven pizza was delicious. Service was good. I highly recommend this restaurant.