“Forgotten How Good it Was”
Review of Uncle Joe's

Uncle Joe's
Ranked #16 of 92 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Haven't been there in years and last night we decided to go for pizza and wings (and their outstanding Italian salad). The wings were huge, I can't believe you actually get a dozen with an order and they were cooked perfectly and there was plenty of blue cheese dressing. Yum! I'm a thin crust pizza fan, but Uncle Joe's is a thick crust pan style pizza - it was delicious - not doughy and just the right amount of sauce and cheese (along with the toppings). Wish we had Uncle Joe's closer to Rochester - just so special! BTW - this drum at Uncle Joe's is from my Grandfather's band from about 70 or 80 years ago.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had a late-night meal there last night, but have patronized this place for many years. It seems strange to review it, because every in Geneva must know it's warm atmosphere, unchanging menu, good value and also its limitations -- there are no Tuscan specialties or delicate seafood concoctions here. It has a simple menu, limited beer and wine list. But we have never encountered an unfriendly waitress in twenty years. I'm not going to rate it "excellent", because that should be reserved for culinary experiences where you hear choirs of angels singing upon your first bite. But it is a charming, friendly and absolutely reliable place for a casual meal and we love this cozy place.
This is basically an excellent pizzeria, the best in the area, with a casual restaurant attached.
The restaurant is in a creaky old store, with old pictures and signs on the walls. It is not fancy. They do not have an elaborate menu or extensive wine list. What they do have are excellent subs and sandwiches, very generous sizes, at a reasonable price. Generally, to a non-Italian like me, everything seems a bit spicy, but not to extreme and basically tasty. The lasagna and pasta are fine, the marinara sauce is not the kind of sauce I make, but it is spicy and decent, the house salad comes with a simple oil & vinegar dressing, which my family loves, and they'll bring you a large bowl to serve out yourself, which is nice when you're with kids or people of varying appetites.
The dinner menu has basic dishes, always reliable if not inspired -- in a good way, very much like home-cooked. The beans & greens are delicious. Last night one of specials was giblets in sauce over linguine. If that strikes you as odd or disagreeable, maybe consider eating something bland and plastic at the Ramada for twice the price. And you like pizza but generally don't order it when you go out, you might break the rule and definitely have one of Uncle Joe's.

1  Thank UpstateLoyalist
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I were staying in a local hotel and after a full day of driving were too tired to go out for dinner. I called Uncle Joe's and ordered one chicken parm sandwich, one Caesar salad and one order of fries. It was delivered within 30 minutes right to our room. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. The portions were more than large enough to feed the two of us. If you're looking for good food I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was visiting friends and they took us here for dinner. We really enjoyed the pizza-extra cheese and pepperoni. Delicious! Great atmosphere-REALLY cozy. Get here early so you don't have to wait for a table. We were fortunate and got right in. Service was friendly. Will def be back when we're back in the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found things on this menu that I hadn't seen in decades. The nine of us ate here in July '13 . Food was served hot and delicious. I had the chicken gizzards over angel hair pasta. Very good. Others were equally pleased with their entrees. The Uncle Joe's cookies made a big hit.