Quality Inn Geneseo
$169
$75
$55
$102
All reviewsletchworth state parkno elevatorroom was cleanniagara fallssilver lakeone nightmicrowave and coffee makeraverage sizecomplimentary breakfast was goodyogurtoutdoor poolstaff was extremely helpfulchoice hotelshighly recommend this hotelnew yorkrestaurants and shoppingnice hotel
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here as a stop-over on our way to Niagra Falls, Canada. We were looking for a place close to Letchworth State Park which we wanted to see on our trip. I had originally booked at the Country Inn & Suites at Mt. Morris, but changed to this Quality Inn because the price was better. The room was very spacious with 2 comfortable queen beds and it even had a fridge & microwave. The wifi was very fast and free and the free breakfast was very nice. They had a nice-sized breakfast room with plenty of tables and nice choices of boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, fruits & yogurts and pastries. BUT....this hotel has no elevator which frankly I couldn't believe. All of the rooms were inside yet we had to drag our luggage up two steep flights of stairs to get to our rooms. I'm assuming they must save their 1st floor rooms for the handicapped. I've never seen a hotel of this size without an elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you don't want to drag your luggage up stairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed here last night on a visit to family in the area. I had made a reservation one month prior and was a bit staggered by the rate I got, even with a AAA discount ($159 plus taxes). Yes, it was Fourth of July, but they were nowhere near capacity and as far as I know, Geneseo is NOT an Independence Day Destination.

We checked in quite late and found the desk fella on the phone, haranguing someone (whom I hope was a personal friend, not a potential guest). He was brusque, chilly and (maybe he had wanted to be elsewhere or resented us for interrupting his phone call) and JUST THIS SIDE of rude. (I don't like it when front desk employees gesture for me to hand over my VISA card.) I'm not at my sunny best at 11 pm, but when I worked in the hospitality industry, you can bet I managed to fake it.

Our room, 206, was accessed through corridors which smelled of apple fritters and a stairwell which smelled of feet. The room was clean, basic and reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was well-lit and immaculate. My husband had to fix the toilet.

The included breakfast ameliorated the sticker price of our stay somewhat. The food was edible and the breakfast room people were very nice.

Check out was handled by a marginally more pleasant young man who was JUST THIS SIDE of fresh.

I may be getting crotchety as I advance in years, but courtesy is a FREE commodity. The front desk folks at this establishment need to learn how to be a bit more polite to guests who have other options in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Lori12309
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is very clean, we had a great check in and it is very close to several restaurants. Wifi is very fast. The only issues are there is no guest laundry room nor is there an elevator. We are on a one year trip across America and we do need to do our laundry every few days. It was disappointing as we have never encountered this problem before. Any other hotel we have stayed in previously has had a laundry room. The lack of an elevator was no big issue for us but we know that many people do not like to carry their luggage up a flight of steps. This hotel is great otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oneyearride
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn as part of a group, so we did not really have a choice in hotels. The Quality Inn is an average hotel. It is partially renovated but not new. It was clean and the water pressure was decent - both important to me. The front desk staff was quick and efficient at check-in and we did not experience any issues while we were there. Breakfast was great, more than your typical dry goods - they also had eggs, bacon, sausage. My only issue was the price. Due to it being a sold out weekend, our rate was extremely ridiculous. Overall, I would stay here again if we had to. However, if rates were competitive with other hotels in the area I would probably choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were on our way to Letchworth State Park and this was the first hotel we came to. The girl at the front desk was very nice and gave us a choice of rooms. She also pointed out some other activities we might like to do while we were there and gave us brochures and directions.
The room was very clean, a decent size and had a mini fridge, microwave and couch. The bathroom was a bit small but very clean. The complimentary breakfast was good with a nice variety.
This hotel was in a good location - on the main road with a Denny's next door, close to a plaza with a grocery store, a sub shop, a pizza shop, a wine store, a frozen yogurt store and for those of us who forget "stuff" close to WalMart! It is also close to Letchworth State Park and about 1 hour from Corning,New York.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple