“Good hotel, good location, solid breakfast. ”

Quality Inn Geneseo
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Geneseo
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Checked in a little too early in the year for the outdoor pool, but the hotel was quite nice. A bit on the expensive side for the tiny town of Geneseo, so try and see if you can find a deal.
The room was great overall - very spacious, with a microwave and mini fridge and even a couch! Keep in mind it was a standard room I bought - definitely didn't expect the couch and table. The window was a bit drafty though. The bathroom was nice enough as well, my only complaint was that the housekeeping came at 9 AM on my first morning - when we said "not now", they never came back! That evening I went to the desk for more towels, and the employee was useful, but a bit curt.
Breakfast was lovely - waffles, eggs, pastries, potatoes, sausage, etc - though I'd have loved some bacon.

Overall, a good experience, but try to avoid the full price!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Geneseo

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stopped in Geneseo on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised at the standard of the Quality Inn. My stay in the Hotel was a pleasant and enjoyable surprise. The hotel is spotlessly clean, staff are friendly and attentive and free breakfast was served up with multiple choices of sausage, eggs, breakfast potatoes, fruit, yogurt, juices etc. The rooms are comfortable and a good size. There is a new Hampton Inn right next door (same owner). I would recommend the hotel. It's well priced and great value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We only stayed one night here since we were just passing through on our way up to Canada. The newer Hampton Inn was booked out so Quality Inn is where we ended up. Although this is definitely an older hotel, we found our rooms very comfortable and clean. Our party arrived late at night and the only person working in the hotel was able to help us with getting an extra fold-out bed. The complimentary breakfast was simple with the usual standard fare available: eggs, muffins, cereals etc.

Overall, this was not a particularly memorable hotel but when you're in Geneseo and looking for a place to stay with a clean bed and warm shower, Quality Inn definitely does the job.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is definitely an older property. The furniture is old, the beds are rock hard, and the pillows are small. The internet keeps cutting out, but the breakfast is good and there's coffee and fruit available 24 hours. Right across the street from Walmart and Tim Horton's.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank michelle j
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice clean hotel. We came up to visit my husband's father and could not afford the usual bed and breakfast that we stay. Breakfast is pretty good. You have your choice of hot or cold and can get coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea and fruit 24 hours. Just a tip, on the website it states that they have guest laundry. They do NOT. My last day I wanted to wash our clothes since we were going to go some other places on the way home. I found out that I would have had to take my clothes to the front desk that morning for them to wash. They really need to take that statement off the website.

Room Tip: more than one floor so may want to ask for first floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is located in Geneseo NY, which is about half-way between Niagara Falls and the Finger Lakes area in western NY state. The property was well-maintained. We did not have a reservation and were able to get a nice non-smoking room at a decent rate. The complimentary breakfast offered a substantially wider selection that one normally expects. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area, as we were first time visitors. My son was particularly impressed and complimented the desk mgr as we left. (He's a hard sell.)

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room. There is no elevator to the 2nd floor, which is tough if you have a lot o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Quality Inn in Geneseo,N.Y. is 25 years old but you wouldn't know it. The Inn and surrounding grounds have been beautifully renovated.
Our King size room is spacious and contains everything a traveller needs:We have a desk and chair to write on,a sofa to sit on and read,a small refrigerator and microwave,an iron and board,a television that you don't need an engineering degree to operate..The bathroom is immaculate with a hair dryer for my wife to use. I don't need to use it..I'm bald!
Our room and the public areas are very clean.It looks like this is a well managed Inn.
Another nice feature is that to enter the rooms of the Inn you have to enter the hallways with a hotel keythrough a security door.Parking is free.The large oversize 9 and one-half foot deep pool is in the courtyard right outside our door.
The continental breakfast included with the price of the room was a cut above the best.
The only minor criticiscm I have is that the eco friendly lighting isn't the best for reading.
The staff are genuienly friendly and seem to like doing what they do.
We travedl a lot and this is one of the best accomodations we've been fortunate to find.

Room Tip: Don't wait too late in the day to find a nice room and always ask to look at the room before you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneseo
Hampton Inn Geneseo
RIT Inn & Conference Center
#14 of 17 in Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
OAK VALLEY INN & SUITES

Been to Quality Inn Geneseo? Share your experiences!