“An A-1 lunch plate in design and execution.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Geneseo
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I eat at this Applebee's several times a year, as it is 20 miles from our home. As seniors with reduced appetites, we usually order from their "2 for 20" menu. On this occasion, Father's Day, we ordered from their "Fresh Flavors of Summer" menu.
My wife's "Grilled Vidalia Onion Sirloin" was a tender, perfectly cooked 7-oz steak with an impressive Hawaiian BBQ sauce, and steamed spinach. The spinach was guickly liberated from her plate to mine, where it could be properly appreciated. Note: by "perfectly cooked" is meant that it was ordered "rare" and came perfectly "medium rare", which is what she wanted. We have learned that at least in this region, virtually all restaurant kitchens leave steaks and ribs on the grill a minute longer than needed.
My "Margarita Queso Chicken and Shrimp" was probably the best lunch entree I've ever eaten, anywhere, including the 20 years during which I traveled all over the USA for my employer. From the flavor layers in the rice - bean - corn mixture, to the tender moist chicken breast, to the beautifully seasoned tender shrimp (NOT OVERCOOKED AND RUBBERY!) to the colorful white cheese and fresh grean avocado topping, this was an "A-1" plate in design and execution.
Our waitress was friendly, polite, and helpful. Service was prompt, the hot food arrived hot. We departed full and happy.

1  Thank Larry H

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Busy saturday night but had a great server and the steak was perfect-tender, flavorful. it was new on the menu so i don't remember what it was, sorry.

1  Thank 528sunshine