“Amazing Place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having just moved to this area I was not sure I could find a wonderful Pub without going to Rochester. I found the Village Tavern to be as good a Pub/Sports Bar as anyplace I have been, and I have been all over the U.S. The prices are fair and the service is very good. The beer selection is very good with over 20 beers on tap. I go to the Tavern at least three times a week even though it is a 20 mile drive one way. If you have any problems with the food or service they will take care of it. The staff does a wonderful job, especially when you consider how hard it is to please people. There IS a reason the parking lot is always full. If you have to wait, I can promise it is WORTH the wait.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a comfortable spot to eat and the prices are reasonable. Service was good. However, we had grilled chicken sandwiches and one person had a fish fry. The chicken sandwiches were just okay and the fish was a bit greasy. We will try it again though and give the burgers a chance, as we did like the atmosphere.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped on a Saturday night while visiting our daughter at SUNY Geneseo. We had never been here before and when arrived it was quit crowded. The hostess said it would be 40 minutes for a table. We were lucky enough to get three seats at the bar. They have a nice selection of beers on tap. The bar manager(Chris) was very helpful and knew his beers. We had a wonderful time talking with the bartenders and the other patrons at the bar. Tasted several interesting beers. After 15 minutes our table was ready(I almost gave our table away because we were having such a good time at the bar).
Nice selection of food, from salads, pub food and dinners. All three of us enjoyed our meals(taco salad, italian cheeseburger, and chicken french).
If you are in town stop here! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a very nice local restaurant / tavern that serves very good food and has a very friendly staff. The owner even sat down with me to talk for 15 minutes after I told him how satisfied I was with my meal.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was recommended to us by our hotel. We weren't going to be too picky because it was Thanksgiving evening and we weren't sure about finding anywhere else. It was crowded with the stand-ups from the college sampling the over 30 beers on tap. Because of that it was noisy and we had trouble having a conversation. However the staff took good care of us and the burgers were excellent.

1  Thank abcpastor